Waking up

(Include this btw Creeper but not this parentheses bit)

Ima include the parenthesis anyway lol XDD

A/N: Hi okay it's Author Era, I just wanted to add the note here. I read comments a lot and I don't know who needs to hear this, but you're valid and you're loved and I know this chapter literally has someone telling someone they don't, but you do.

Have fun crying <33

The hushed argument drew him out of the darkness. Techno's head pounded, an audible throb filling his ears. It was quickly drowned out by the talking to his left, but he could dimly pinpoint the voices.

He opened his eyes, blinking away the sleep and bright lights. It was all blurry and blinding, but he could see after a few seconds. Tommy and Wilbur were arguing to his left, Dad asleep on the chair to his right. His hand was in Dad's, so he tried to squeeze it.

Phil woke up immediately, looking at Techno in disbelief, "You're awake-"

The argument stopped, Tommy pushing past Wilbur to stand next to Techno.

"What... What happened?" He croaked, trying to sit up. A pain shot through his side and he fell back, shutting his eyes tight.

Phil started to ramble, "You collapsed in the apartment and scared Tubbo half to death and you've been asleep for almost two days and-"

"Tubs-" Techno woke up, trying to sit up, "I've ruined it, he hates me-"

"He's at school right now, Techno-"

He was pushed back down by Phil and Tommy, Wilbur walking over to help as well. Techno looked at Wilbur and froze.

"Why's he here."

Phil glanced between the two of them, "He's your brother, Techno. He came because he's worried, we all are."

Wilbur cleared his throat, "I'm sorry, Techno. I- I dropped that stuff and I'm trying to get better about work and-"

"You tend to drop a lot of things," Techno said coldly, "Your studies, your jobs, Sally-"

"Don't bring her up."

Tommy was pushed out of the way as Wilbur took his spot. He looked at Phil as the two started arguing.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I strike a nerve? I'm not the one who left their family to run off with a girl and then crawl back!"

"Boys-" Phil cautioned, standing up.

"She cheated on me, Techno! Is that what you want to hear?" Wilbur yelled, starting to cry, "She cheated on me and you're only mad because you couldn't get anyone to love you!"

"Wilbur, that's enough, you've made your point," Tommy said meekly, grabbing onto his arm.

Wilbur pushed him away and continued, "Your mom didn't love you, your father, that stupid blonde in history class, and now Tubbo! Poor Techno, the smart, successful Techno, is so utterly alone that he has to go and ruin it for others!"

The room was filled with heavy silence as Wilbur caught his breath, breathing heavily. Techno looked down at the floor, flinching when Wilbur stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Tommy looked between the two remaining, "He didn't mean it, Techno. You know how he gets when-"

"Get. Out."

"I just-"

Techno glared at him, "Tommy, for once in your life just shut up and leave."

Phil closed his eyes, "Tommy, give us a minute, please." Tommy nodded and left, stifling his cries.

Techno watched him go, before turning to Phil, "You as well."

Phil looked at him, "I'm not leaving you, Techno. You can hate me as much as you'd like for it, but you're my son."

"Let me die alone."

He sighed, "You're going to get better. The first step was you waking up and now that you're awake you can recover."

Techno shook his head, "Don't lie to yourself in an attempt to make yourself feel better. It'll only hurt more when I die."

"You're not going to-"

"I am, Dad!" Techno yelled, "I was drinking, Dad. Heavily. It's not a recovery, it's a waiting game."

Phil started to cry, tightly wrapping his arms around Techno, "I can't lose you, Techno- It'll break my heart-"

Tubbo arrived to find Wilbur and Tommy in the lobby, both quiet. He glanced at the tears in Tommy's eyes before rushing to Techno's room.

"Dad, I'm sorry for-" Tubbo stopped himself. Phil was crying into Techno's hand, the man asleep. He looked up at Tubbo and let out a sob.

"He- He was hurting. They put him back under. I'm- I'm so sorry, Tubbo..."