Part #11-Dating Game

Tommy practically kicked down Techno's door, giving the man a scare. Techno angrily swiveled his chair to face the boy, only to find Wilbur with him as well.

"I already don't like this. What did you two do?"

Tommy grinned at him, holding up a phone, "We're going to get Dad's girlfriend's game back on track."

"That's the stupidest thing I think you've ever said, and you've said a lot of stupid stuff," Techno turned his attention to the taller boy, "You're not actually in support of this, are you?"

Wilbur just grinned, "I think this will go wonderfully."

With a groan, Techno leaned back stretching, before getting up, "What have you nerds done so far."

Phil was sitting downstairs sipping his tea and looking at his work schedule. He sighed and set the phone down as he rubbed his face. Two night shifts back to back. That'll absolutely ruin my sleep schedule, he thought to himself.

Suddenly, there were three sets of footsteps headed downstairs. One was running, probably Tommy, the next stopped and landed at the bottom of the stairs, probably Wilbur, and the last was walking, probably Techno. Phil swallowed his weariness and turned to face the three of them with a smile.

Tommy started first, "So, you know how you're super duper lonely? We've-"

Wilbur cut him off by elbowing him, "Dad, you've been single for awhile and we were just thinking-"

Tommy cut the boy off by stomping on his foot, which caused Wilbur to grab Tommy and put him in a headlock as he messed up his hair.

Techno looked Phil straight in the eyes, "They signed you up for a dating app."

Phil almost choked on his tea as Wilbur and Tommy turned their anger on Techno.

Phil coughed for a minute, tears slightly blurring his vision, "You three did what?!"

"I didn't do-" Techno started, looking slightly alarmed.

"We signed you up for a dating app! Your girlfriend game is really bad you know."

The older pair just groaned at Tommy's bluntness while he beamed, oblivious to the fact he'd just insulted his father.

"What Tommy meant to say was that you just seemed lonely and we want to see you happy," Wilbur said, attempting to save the three of them from Tommy's outburst.

Phil looked at his boys, before bursting out laughing, drawing a confused look from each. Wiping a tear from his eye, he composed himself, a smile still on his lips, "I'm not lonely, I have you three to take care of. If anything, I'm saving them from you three."

"But... we want to see you happy with someone you like, love love," Tommy said confused.

Phil just smiled, "I am happy, I have you three. I don't need a lover to be content. Just keep smiling for me, and that's all I need."

He watched as the three digested what he'd said. As they thought it over, he opened his arms and hugged them all.

Tommy looked up at him and gave a sheepish smile, "so uh, what do we tell the 23 women who matched with you?"