Chapter Fourty-Five

A\N: It may or may not be the middle of the night while I make coffee and write this is my basement while I freeze to death, but you know how it goes.

45.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"Going to get Dylan?" Mum came downstairs into the kitchen, still in pyjamas with her hair just a little eskew.

As I'd practically avoided her all of yesterday after returning from Tanner's grave, I spoke little to her now. "Yeah, his plane gets in soon." I capped my coffee travel mug, my keys in the pocket of my army green jacket I'd put on over a maroon cable knit jumper.

"How are you going to swing picking him up?"

"Security detail." I said, checking the time on my phone. "I should go."

"Hon, are you all right?"

I hesitated slightly, "I'm fine." I gave an assuring look, picking up my drink and leaving the house.

I wasn't sure what to say or how to confront her, or if I could just get over it and leave it alone.

I was up all night thinking about it, about how I didn't actually accidentally call Dylan.

That's what made us, those dumb anonymous calls. 

America and England.

But on the other hand, I knew I loved him and that wasn't something I could ever deny. We had everything from August on that was completely real, but we would never have gotten to the point of me living with him if it hadn't been for that stupid call where I just wanted food.

I tried to call my mum about getting chinese food and instead I got a mysterious boy who turned out to be Dylan O'Brien.

I mean, that's a pretty damn good alternative. I just thought the circumstances were different.

I was conflicted to say the least.

And of course on top of that all, I had to drive to - and stay - in the one place I didn't want to be, ever.

~~•~~

The London Heathrow airport was not only the main of the two airports in London, it was also the one most easily accessible.

Which meant for me, there were people already waiting.

Not only were they here for Dylan, they were here for me to show up.

"Been here for two hours waiting for you." Brin said, guiding me through the corridors of the airport with three other men around me.

To top it all off, I got a security detail just to go in and get him. I didn't have a say in the matter either. When I got to the booth to get a car park pass, the manager of the department came over the intercom after it scanned my credit card and told me to take the nearest handicap spot and wait for the men to come get me.

And sure enough, I got my own escort into the airport. Also, it didn't charge me for parking, so that was a plus.

The whole time the cameras were going off I just kept thinking about Dylan, about being able to get to him.

I hadn't realized how only a couple of days apart felt like a couple of years until then.

I hated it and over everything, I had an urge to kiss him so badly that I wanted to run past my detail and rush onto his plane before he could even get off.

In fact, as I'm stuck in a circle of big, solid men able to stop me, I still wanted to run to whatever gate he was at.

"Is his plane already here?" I asked Brin, the head of the pack.