Chapter Fourty-Eight

A/N: Only a few more chapters, lovelies xxx

48.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

I made an effort to keep my room tidy as I packed up my suitcase yet again. One thing I never could do was leave for anything with an unmade bed. In dark skinny jeans and a maroon and white baseball top, I folded up those few articles of clothes I'd worn and added them to my case.

I checked out the covers on the window, seeing the morning rain-soaked back garden. I was hoping for better weather but I wasn't at all surprised. Maybe it would be better in London.

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail at the crown of my head, it curly as it came down my back. Humming to myself for no apparent reason, I grabbed my navy beanie with a Manchester United logo on it and threw it to my suitcase as I checked over my makeup. It wasn't much, just liquid eyeliner with soft wings and mascara. Thinking it was good, I pulled on a pair of socks and checked the time.

Of course he's still sleeping at 10.

I left my room, the house left with only us as Mum was at work. Going down the upstairs hall, I lightly knocked on the guest bedroom door. Pushing it open a crack, I poked my head in.

Dylan was on the edge of his bed, the sheets just as messy as his hair. He smiled, looking up with eyes that were still slightly squinting against the light. "Morning."

"Morning." I said, letting door open as I leaned in the doorway. "How's the jet lag treating you?"

"Like it always does. Worse going over than it does coming back." Dylan reach out, taking my arm so I wasn't so far away. "It'll wear off though. I fly too much for it to do any real harm on me."

"Well that's good then." I replied, coming nearer to him.

"What's the plan for today?" He asked, getting a cheeky grin on him before quickly grabbing the back of my legs and pulling me down. With my level to him, he laughed. "Plan or no?"

I only smiled, putting my hands on his shoulders but letting myself stay on his lap. "Drive to London, probably stop at a Tesco's so you can experience that, then we'll go to the hotel and I'll take you sightseeing."

"Y'know, i've been to London before."

"Not like this. You've done the touristy version." I countered him, "You're with me. I know places that American's wouldn't know how to get into."

"I'm intrigued."

"That's the point." I ran my hand over his hair, trying to tame it as well as I could without product. "So, I'll get the car packed and you can come down whenever you're ready. If we time this right we'll miss most of traffic."

When I was about to move to get up, Dylan pulled on my hips so I couldn't. "Or..."

"Seriously, in my guest room?" I asked with a judging eyebrow, Dylan pressing his lips against my neck.

"What, your mom isn't home, is she?" He smiled, kissing my jaw between words. "I'm kidding, Gen." He quickly pecked my lips, "I'll get ready."

I put my hands on either side of his face, kissing him one more time before getting up. "London's waiting for you, Dylan." I said in a sing song voice, shutting his door as I left.

The house was oddly silent, but it was sort of nice. After moving out of London a couple of years ago I couldn't get enough of it.

I went back into my room, zipping up my fully packed suitcase after putting my makeup bag into it. I took it off of my bed, proceeding to grab my army style coat, slip into it and put on my H&M ankle boots. Halfly checking my phone, I carried my case and leather shoulder bag downstairs and outside to the front garden.