Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N: I've been really shitty at updating WS and i'm so sorry! I was a leader at VBS this past week plus my brother is in town for a few weeks, but to be honest i really just hate my laptop. It's got a virus and runs incredibly slow plus the pop up ads never go away. I love updating, just not on this damn computer, so until I move back to my Dad's house (roughly 50 days) and he can wipe it, the updates won't come as quickly. I think i'll move over to writing WS in a notebook so I can try for a mass update once my laptop is all good again. For now, here's 32! xx -Melissa

32.

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

A vibration shrouded the room through the darkness, my cell phone rattling on my nightstand. I stirred in my sleep, not feeling the normal light weight on my chest. Rubbing over my eyes, I took in the near silence of the room. Adjusting to the darkness, I saw the Genesis wasn't in bed. Furrowing my eyebrows, I grabbed my phone when it was clear that it wasn't going to stop going off until I answered it. 

Wes Ball

Why was the director of The Maze Runner calling at 5:34 in the morning?

I tapped the phone before putting it to my ear as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. "Hey, Wes." I ran my hands through my hair, curious to find where Gen had gone. 

"Dylan, hi. Sorry about the early call, but we've run into an issue." Wes didn't sound hardly as tired as I did, showing that he'd been up for some time.

"An issue?" I asked, resting my elbows on my thighs as I leaned over in zero energy. "What kind of issue?"

"A colossal one, to put it lightly." Although Wes wasn't tired, he sounded annoyed and on the verge of exploding. "A couple people got fired today for it, if that tells you anything." He sighed, "We're going to need you to come to Louisiana for about a week."

"What?" I sat up, my mouth parting in confusion. "We finished filming the movie a while ago."

"I know, and this is where we come to the colossal issue." Wes said, "After we got all of the touches done on the scenes, we started putting it in order with sequencing, but, uh," He groaned inwardly, "A couple of the scenes have gone missing entirely. There's not trace of them anywhere. We've had to reopen the movie so we can still get it done in time."

"Please tell me you're joking." I rubbed my temples, shutting my eyes.

"I wish I was kid, I really do." I could tell that Wes had shaken his head, "But we really need you to come in. We practically need everyone to come back because whatever idiot who lost the scenes managed them to be ones with the full cast."

"Uh," I ran my hand underneath my jaw, "When do you need me to be there?"

 "We're trying to get everyone back out here today so we can start in the afternoon tomorrow. We've got a lot to cover." Wes sensed the hesitation, "I'm guessing that you had something planned."

"I was going to take my girlfriend out for the weekend, but, uh, I can put it on hold." I replied, glancing towards the open door. 

Where had Gen gone off to, anyway?

"Sorry about that." Wes said, "But you could always bring her with you. She's the writer, right? I bet she and James could find something to talk about. He's coming out to meet us, too."

I nodded a little, knowing that she liked the books. "I could probably swing that." But the Halloween party was next Thursday. "How long do you think it'll take us to get the scenes covered? Gen and I have to do this party for the Teen Wolf cast and it's next week."