Chapter Thirty-Five

A/N: So i'm in the middle of moving and haven't had much time to work but I'm at my hotel and got to squeeze in a chapter! xx -Melissa

35.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

 I rested my elbows on the table, the meeting room not unlike the one at the MTV studios empty except for the master mind behind The Maze Runner series and I. I was focused on him, listening to every word. No lecture I was given at Oxford could ever compare to the hour i've been talking with James.

This was James Dashner, and he was talking to me like a colleague.

James was situated in his chair so that he was facing me and kept an arm on the mahogany table. With his chin balanced loosely against his fingers, he used his free hand as he spoke for emphasis. "It was his death that brought it all out. Thomas virtually had the best connection with him, even over Teresa."

"I'm actually terrified for that part when the film comes out." I said, my ankles crossed but my left foot bouncing just barely. 

I was afraid that I was going to wake up. Wake up from all of this in my bed in England, two lectures to go to in the morning.

"Blake did an incredible job. Trust me, I don't think there was anyone else that could've been better to play him." James assured, giving a small nod.

"Just from physically seeing the cast I think it does incredible justice to the novels." I replied, being thruthful. "Has there been any word on producing The Scorch Trials?"

"Actually, there has. We're all really hopeful for a good response of the movie and they're actually planning on taking the book to script soon." James grinned a little, his braces showing. "The fan reception for the books and movie are insane."

"You deserve every bit of it, that's for sure." I said, still praying I wasn't going to do something completely stupid and look like i'm crazy in front of him.

"Thank you, and I have to say that the same has to go for your work." James motioned to me absently. "Dalliance was amazing and i'm not even much of romance reader to be honest."

My eyebrows knitted together, a moment of hesitation crossing me. "You've read it?"

James sat up a little more, "I contacted your publisher and requested a copy. A woman named Elizabeth mailed it to me a couple weeks ago when I had heard that Dylan's mystery girl turned out to be an author." He looked slightly concerned, "I wasn't over stepping, was I?"

"No, no, of course not. I just wasn't aware that people could get it. Only a friend of mine got one because her aunt works for the company." Of course it was Elizabeth. 

"I pulled a couple of strings. It's not publicly available yet or anything." James took a moment, "I have to ask, when you talk about the view from the building that the incident with her brother happened on, I noticed something in your use of words. It made me think that somewhere out there, the sky really does look like that at night. Is it true? Do the stars really exist how you describe them?"

A faint smile flitted onto my lips, the sight of the roof at Tanner's building flooding in without permission. I nodded, my heart dropping just barely. "It's absolutely breath taking."

"I-"

"Mr. Dashner, Miss Venita." Carleigh, an assistant with a Fox Studios tshirt opened the door of the meeting room. "We're at a half way, if you two would like to come out on to set."