Chapter Twenty

A/N: Hey! So, long time, no chapter! I am really sorry about that! Lucky for you lot, I just hit hour 5 of my 9 hour layover at an airport in Texas. They cancelled my aeroplane flight twice today! Flipping awful, if you ask me. Since it went so long to get a new bloody chapter, I decided to update! Maybe Dilapidated soon, too.  Xx - Mel

**

20.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"That would work for a primary school party." I giggled, watching Dylan as he picked up party streamers with black cartoon cats on it. "Like, you said, this is Hollywood level."

Dylan let out a puff of breath, faking a snobby girl voice. "Then what do you think we should do?"

I grinned, shaking my head as I walked around to the next aisle of the halloween shop. "What about for the staircase?" I held up a roll streamer like gauze. "I could yellow it and make it look like mummy wrappings."

"God, and you're creative in more than you writing." Dylan easily agreed to my idea, kissing the top of my head like I was an award or something. "Let's do it, I think it'll look great."

I held back a laugh at the look on his face after judging to get fifteen rolls of the gauze. Struggling, but over excited as all of them were tucked in his arms up to his neck.

"Maybe I should get a trolley?" I suggested get a hesitant nod from a Dylan on the verge of a sweat from nearly dropping all of the rolls.

Quickly putting all of the streamers into the trolley as I brought it around, Dylan perked up with a happy look on his face. "Maybe this will be more fun than I thought."

We ran the store up until closing, the staff being made of one teenage lad looking at us with pure disgust as we approached with two shopping trollies over flowwing.

The 17 or so aged lad flipped a mane of blonde hair, looking from the trollies to us. "Dude."

Dylan ignored his comment and started pulling things from the trolley and pit them onto the register.

"I'm supposed to go see my girlfriend, dude. This'll take a friggin hour." He said, hopeful that we'd just go away.

"Sorry, kid." Dylan replied, not sounding the least bit apologetic.

The blonde groaned inwardly, starting to ring up the purple and orange shot glasses we'd gotten Keahu to agree to making jello shots for the party.

After getting past the four packages of 50, the bloke got interested. "What are you guys even doing to need this much stuff?"

"Party," I replied, Dylan sending a text to someone.

"Some party. One of you famous?"

Pointing at Dylan without him noticing, I got a nod from the kid.

As Dylan walked off, saying he needed a moment on the phone, I started up his job of putting items on the counter. "Sorry we're taking up your night."

He shrugged, "I guess I don't mind. Not like the ocean is going anywhere." He looked over to Dylan across the store, "What's he from?"

"Ever seen The Internship?" Nothing, "Teen Wolf?" Only a blank look. "How about The High Road from 2010?"

The bloke furrowed his eyebrows before looking like he'd had an epiphany. "Ohh! That dude. Gotcha." He laughed in a near giggle, if guys even can giggle.

I think that counts as admitting he does drugs. I think he'd referred to the ocean as his girlfriend.

Dylan came back up to the front, smiling over something. Coming upon the last items in the trolley, Dylan handed over his credit card before even asking how much.

God, I wish I could do that.

The blonde lifted his eyebrow, cut off from saying the total cost. He shrugged, knowing that I'd told him Dylan was famous. He seemed like he was used to seeing famous people come through.

Having to haul out the bags, it took us both three trips just to get all of the things into the boot of Dylan's rover.

"Good lord." I muttered, nearly sweating as I slid into the passengers' seat.

"Have you ever been to Florida?" Dylan asked as we gained on the highway.

I turned my head away from my watchings of drunks spilling out of a street chock full of bars. Lifting an eyebrow at him, I didn't really get his question. "No, why?"

Dylan shrugged, continuing to drive nonchalantly. "Just wondering."

"I doubt that," I retorted, getting overly curious. "Spill it,"

Dylan shrugged again, a smirk slipping onto his lips after a moment or so.

I narrowed my eyes, "Dylan, what is it?"

"Nothing, nothing. Promise."

With that look on his face, I knew he was lying. What was he up to? And what was in Florida?