Chapter Eleven

11.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"You're not really going to make me watch that are you?" I called from the kitchen as I made popcorn, Dylan suggesting movie titles.

"We're watching it." Dylan stated with a winning tone to his voice.

"I'm not watching Saw!" I retorted, pouring the paper bag into a blue bowl.

"I'll protect you, Gen." Dylan tried, grinning up at me from the sofa as I walked back into the living room. "And so will Edmund,"

Edmund hopped up onto the sofa, leaving a spot next to Dylan for me. "I feel so safe." I joked, handing him the bowl.

"Oh come on," Dylan said, holding out a hand.

I flushed lightly, Dylan pulling my body to his, an arm wrapped around my waist. "Do we have to?" I've never been a person for horror films, they just made me get extremely jumpy and paranoid.

"Yes we have to." Dylan squeezed me to his side. "You'll be fine."

I rested my head against his chest, "I better be." I mumbled.

Dylan's laughter made a vibration in his chest, a smile slipping on to my lips.

Just being with him, I was happy.

~

I screamed at the top of my lungs, my mobile ringing over the impending death music. I shot up from Dylan's chest, his body doubling over in laughter.

"Oh, shut up." I grumbled, picking up my mobile from the arm of the sofa. "Hello?"

"Hi! May I speak to Genesis Venita, please." An unfamiliar feminine voice questioned.

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why she was calling at 11pm. "Speaking."

"Hi, Genesis. This is Maria Fletcher, i'm calling on relation to your new book. Your manager patched me through to you about a cover design for your novel."

"My manager..." I sat up, concerned on what the hell was going on.

"Yes, Elizabeth Astin. She told me that you'd gotten everything settled except for the cover art." Maria explained as if I already knew that.

"Right... Of course." That bitch.

"Anyways," Maria moved on, "Would it be possible to meet up to discuss what you'd like the cover to look like."

I ran a hand down my face, "I'm actually in Atlanta until tomorrow evening and then I have to go school the next morning."

"Dear, this is important. You can't release a novel with no cover." I could hear nails tapping on a desk, "Are you sure that you can't be in town tomorrow afternoon?"

"I, uh-"

"What is it?" Dylan asked quietly, the movie paused.

I covered the mouth piece, "Elizabeth went mental. Some cover art person wants me in LA early."

"I can get you a flight out earlier," Dylan offered.

I huffed a little and replaced the phone to my mouth. "I can be there."

"Lovely! I'll have Elizabeth give you my number so we can set up an appointment tomorrow!" Maria cheered happily, "Bring your creative cap!"

Seriously?

"Ohkay. See you tomorrow." I scrunched up my nose as I clicked off the call.

Dylan lifted an eyebrow, "Problem?"

"I'm going to kill Elizabeth."

"So I can't go since I still have some filming to do, but a friend is going with you." Dylan carried my duffle bag down the steps and met me in the kitchen. "He has to get back to LA for a casting anyways, so he said he'd go with you."

"Dylan, I can handle myself." I defended, getting pulled into a hug.

"It's just precautionary." Dylan rested his chin on my head. "He'll go to that meeting with you and make sure that you're okay."

"I'll be fine." I said into his chest, shutting my eyes. "I don't need a babysitter."

"Too late." Dylan said just after a car horn sounded. "He's already here." He tucked me under his arm, "Play nice, okay." Walking outside, a black van pulled up, a suited man opening the backseat door.

And out of all the people in the world, Daniel stepped out.

~~

A/N: So I took a bit longer to update and I apologize but here it is to cause more problems for Gen!
I put up the first two chapters of my Teen Wolf fic so check that out if you like!
I'm in the middle of moving so I'm sorry about the weird update range but in a week and a half it should even out! Xx
~Melissa