Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N: Not only do I start school tomorrow, but I never finished my summer reading. Well, shit. xxx -Melissa

38.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"What about a new deputy for the Sheriff's Station?" I pinned my phone between my shoulder and my ear, fitting my key into the lock on my dorm.

There was five hours until the Teen Wolf Halloween party, and since I had a lecture today, I had be a late pick up because Dylan had to go to the club early.

"Just to have around or do you think he should serve a purpose? Hero kind?" Jeff, undoubtedly in his home office with a pad of paper filled with ideas for the new season, had been interested in a lot of what I came up with. He liked the view I brought from being a fan of the show before everything happened.

"Maybe just seems like a good guy and then in a later time comes up as something else? A supernatural without knowing it?" I pushed open the door with my shoulder, inwardly letting go of a relieved breath.

Elizabeth wasn't here.

"I like it." Jeff agreed, "He could help out without knowing what the teens are actually going through and then gets brought into it later."

I nodded despite the fact this was over the phone. "Sounds like good character development to me." I slipped off my bag, setting it on my neatly made bed. I looked at it for a moment, trying to think how many nights I've actually slept in it. I was at Dylan's more often than not.

"It's all coming along great, Genesis." Jeff had gotten a message from a pager that I could hear beep in the background of our call. "Look, I've got a meeting, but I'll see you tonight."

"Bye, Jeff." I threw my mobile lightly, it landing on my duvet with barely a sound.

I did what I did every time I came back to the dorms. I went to the metal filing cabinet, checking each of the levels to make sure they were still locked.

"I didn't take anything." A bored voice said, a black haired girl strolling in. "I know you check every time, by the way."

"No offense, but," I unlocked the top drawer with the key kept on my wimpy key ring. "last time, you sold one of my books." I rifled through the half finished or barely started manuscripts, checking the titles. "So, my apologies if I'm paranoid."

Elizabeth sat on her desk chair backwards, watching me while leaning forward. "English people say sorry so much."

"I would never have a reason to say sorry to you, darling." I said flatly, locking the top drawer and unlocking the second one.

"Aren't you a bundle of joy today." Elizabeth replied, spinning around in her chair.

I muttered under my breath as I picked through the third drawer, finding nothing to be missing. I locked it up, tucking a piece of golden hair behind my ear as I stood up. I glanced to the framed picture of Tanner and I, a concert venue our background.

"So, big party tonight." Elizabeth said, leisurely swinging her legs.

Ignoring her, I pulled my Mandarin textbook out of my bag and set it with my other books.

"It's at that place that looks like Verdant from Arrow, right?"

"I'll give you a tip when it comes to communicating to normal people, Elizabeth." Without turning around while I opened a pack of gum in my bag. "When someone doesn't respond, it doesn't mean they don't hear you." I unwrapped the spearmint stick and put my bag back over my shoulder. Reaching for my phone, I threw the wrapper into the rubbish.  "It means they don't want to talk to you."