Chapter Nineteen

A/N: I actually hit 20k! That's amazing! That surely made for an excellent friday on my part. There are a few references to the Maze Runner and one of Star Trek and I apologize if you don't get them! If you havn't been able to tell by now, I really don't do anything other than watch tv, listen to music and write so there will always be odd references! Hope I didn't keep you all waiting too long for the update! Here it is! Xx -Melissa

p.s. it's also more of a filler! xx

19.

{Genesis's P.O.V.}

"I want to take you on a date. A real one."

Hearing Dylan speak those words softly against my neck made tingles run down my spine. As much as I should've expected it, I was still taken by surprise.

I laughed lightly to cover up a nervous tid bit, "My mum didn't scare you into it, did she?"

"Well of course she did." Dylan squeezed me a little tighter, "No, she didn't. All me. I just needed to man up and do it." He pecked my cheek softly, "She just helped." Sitting down next to me, he admired the work I had done on the invitations.

"I'm going to guess that's code for she gave you ideas for it?" I asked, sensing that that was exactly what she'd done.

Dylan hesitated as if I'd caught him, "Yep. That is very much what she did." He nudged me a little bit, "But you'll have to wait to find out what."

I rolled my eyes with a grin, "For how long then? I'm not going to be eighty by the time, am I?"

"Ha. ha." Dylan stuck out his tongue playfully, "But I don't know yet. Maybe next week?" As I set down the stylus, Dylan picked up the tablet as if it were his own child. "Is there anything you can't do, Gen?" Taking in my questionable look, Dylan sighed. "I mean you write, you can draw, do makeup, run, sing, b-"

"Sing?" I asked with a laugh that seemed much too forced. "When on earth have you heard me sing?"

Dylan grinned sheepishly, "You sing in the shower."

I restrained from face palming, feeling my cheeks redden. "Oh."

Laughing, he shook his head. Without saying anything else, he stood up with my tablet, poking away at it for a few moments. "How on earth did you get Club Zema to let us have the party there?" He looked around at the details with an impressed look. "How many people do you think?"

"Maybe a hundred? You're the one with all the pretty famous mates." I replied, messing the with ends of my hair. While Dylan was out, i'd used his mobile to call Zema about the venue.

"There." He set it back down infront of me, "We can go pick them up from the card shop in a couple days."

My hands dropped down to the table as I leaned over to read the litle paper that Dylan took notes on. "Your handwriting really is awful."

"I'd expect something like from an english major." Dylan joked, looking at the paper to decipher what we'd do next with the limited amount of time we had to plan a Hollywood party. "But Posey's is worse." Walking over to the kitchen, he pulled out a beer from the fridge, "You want anything?"

Awkwardly restraining myself from saying him, I just said water and left it at that. "How about decorations? Is that something we should go pick up ourselves or order online?"

Dylan grinned, "I think that would be more fun to pick them up ourselves." He picked up his keys from the countertop, forgetting about the drinks and jingled them with eyes filled brightly like a child. "Wanna?"

"It's not even October yet." I answered with a lifted eyebrow, "Are there even places open with halloween decorations?"

"You, Gen, are an LA newbie. Trust me, they put up halloween things all year round in some places. Leo DiCaprio gets his party planned around March, gets everything then and doesn't have to do a thing for months." Dylan held out a hand to me, grinning. "Lets stop by Zema to see how much we need and then we'll get some scary ass stuff."