Chapter Fourty-Six

A/N: To be honest, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be able to end this soon. It's about damn time, too. I started writing this in the summer of 2013 and it still isn't finished. Hopefully i'll be able to tie up any loose ends but it seems maybe 50, 55 chapters and we'll be done -Mel xx

46.

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

Out of every moment in my entire life, I've never been more nervous.

Not during show and tell in kindergarten, not for my graduation speech and never once for my auditions.

Major movies, red carpet and interviews, yet none of it compared to this.

To meeting Genesis' mom.

"Okay, you look like you're about to cry." Gen held on to the steering wheel with one hand as she took a glance to me. She turned down the radio slightly, evidence of a smile lingering on her.

"What? No, I'm not going to cry." I quickly retorted, getting her to laugh.

"No, you muppet, I just mean you look scared shitless." When I didn't respond, she only smiled. "Is it my mum? It is, isn't it?"

"What if she doesn't like me?"

"What are you talking about? She already does!" Slightly confused and holding off on smiling, Gen took another look over to me as we graced the outskirts of a city. "You've spoken to her on the phone."

"Yeah, on the phone, but that's it. I'm actually meeting her this time." She gave me her free hand and I took it willingly. "What if I mess it up?"

"You won't and I know it for a fact." She squeezed lightly, an honest smile on her lips. "Here, how about we grab something to eat first? You're probably hungry, right?"

"I wouldn't object to food." I admitted, the pair of us laughing.

"Then it's settled." Gen let go, using both hands to turn and head for a small restaurant. "And, I don't think you should be nervous. She already loves you." Pulling up to a small building called Vincent's, she parked the mondeo. Taking out the keys, she nodded for me to get out as she did.

I pulled my jacket a little closer before holding my hand out to Gen, soon getting her fingers to lace with mine.

"So, you're going to experience something that may seem a little strange, but I think you can manage." Gen told me as she pushed open the doors of the building. "One, English food. Two, no one is going to recognize you. But, don't let it bruise your ego."

I rolled my eyes when she grinned back at me, "You're a bully." I said, "That is exactly what you are, Gen."

"I'm British, there's a difference." She tucked a wave of blonde hair behind her ear, waving to a man in a polo. "Jim, hi."

"Well look at who's here!" Burly with a finely tamed beard, the older man came out from behind the bar. "I hardly believe it, Genesis Venita."

Gen's hand left mine so she could hug him, a small laugh coming from her. When she was set down she motioned to me, "Jim, this is Dylan."

"The American." Jim held out his hand to me, "Gen's mum has mentioned you before."

I shook Jim's hand, a nervous smile on my lips. "All good things, I hope."

"Of course." Jim was all smiles for such a tough looking man. "Go on and grab a spot and I'll send Dalia for you."

"Cheers, Jim." Gen happily said, taking my hand again. "Booth?"

"Sure." The fact she said no one would recognize me made it even worse because it was in fact true. No one was giving me a second look. I wasn't trying to be conceited, but honestly it was a little weird, and also really nice.