Chapter Ten

10.

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Jeff say something to Gen before quickly leaving. The look on her face, I knew that look. She was about to have an attack. Attempting to leave the scene to go to her, Russell had already called out for Daniel.

I pulled myself to a stop where Gen had been only to find Daniel already on the job.

"It's okay, calm down." Dan kept the tiny blonde against his chest. He honestly looked like he knew what he was doing. His hand squeezed at her fingers, Gen's rapid breathing slowly calming.

"Wh- what just happened?" Posey asked astoundedly, the scene coming to a complete stop.

Gen carefully pulled herself away from Daniel, her face pale. "I'm gonna go sit down." She said weakly, taking herself to a brown sofa across the room.

I lifted an eyebrow at Daniel, in utter shock that he knew what to do or that it was happening in the first place. "How?"

Daniel shrugged, "I used to have a friend that got panic attacks, the look on her face looked the same."

"Guys, lets go." Russell called, pulling the three of us back to the set.

"Can you give me a minute?" I asked the balding man, needing to talk to Genesis.

Russell rolled his eyes, "Take five everyone!" He called loudly, giving me the chance to run over to Gen.

"Dylan, i'm fine." Gen breathed, pulling her hair up into a ponytail.

"No, you're not, Gen." I sat beside her, "I saw what happened, what did Jeff say to you?"

"Elizabeth did something, and it's something I can't take back." Gen let out a short laugh riddled with fakeness. "But on the bright side, Jeff wants me to help write for the show."

"So you work for the show now?" I asked before shaking my head, "Wait, what did your roommate do?"

Gen handed me her mobile, an article pulled up, "'Genesis Venita, a.k.a. the lucky lady hanging around with Dylan O'Brien has had her first novel announced.' Wait isn't that good?" My eyes widened, "Did Elizabeth do that?"

"She took the manuscript from my room, and she must've sent it to a publisher." Gen shot up and started pacing, "That must've been why my professor stopped me!" She pressed her hands to her face, getting worked up again.

"Hey, hey." I jumped up after her and tugged her into an involuntary hug. "It'll be okay, Gen."

"No it won't." She mumbled against my chest. "It won't be."

Russell cleared his throat, "Dylan,"

"Gen-" I attempted.

"I-I need to get some air," Gen pulled away from me. "If i'm not back when you're done, just call me." She picked up her phone from the sofa. Without giving me the chance to stop her, she nearly ran out of the studio.

"What happened to Genesis?" Daniel asked as Russell had the camera crew get ready.

"She's got a book coming out, but her crazy roommate is the one who submitted it." I huffed, running a hand through my hair.

"A book?" Daniel asked curiously, a Charlotte, the hair stylist, quickly coming to fix my hair. "D'you know what it's about?"

I shook my head, "She never told me," I shut my eyes, the powder puff swiping over my face. "Why?"

Daniel shrugged, "Dunno, just curious I suppose."

I watched as Daniel went to his mark, an odd look on his face. Like he was concerned.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

I kept my head in my hands, knowing that this was possibly the worst thing that could happen. I was starting to get somewhere with Dylan, and now the book was surfacing.

A presence came behind me as a throat cleared. It wasn't Dylan though.

"What do you want Daniel?" I grumbled, running a hand over my face.

"What's your book about, Gen?"

"Doesn't matter." I tied and untied my mint vans, needing something to occupy me.

"I'm getting the feeling that it does." Dan countered, walking up to the park bench I was sitting cross legged on.

"Well it doesn't." I mumbled, feeling overly flustered.

"Really, Gen. What's it about?" Dan persisted.

"Well, let's just say that if they make it into a movie, it'll say 'Based On A True Story' in the opening titles." I pulled my knees to my chest, knowing that he'd caught on.

"Oh," Daniel sighed, "So, it's one of those with the changed names, then?"

"Yep." I stated, suddenly becoming interested in the Vans tag on my trainers.

"What's mine?" Daniel asked, trying to make the subject as light as it could be.

"What makes you think that you're in it Sharman?" I tugged at the tag, glancing over at him.

Big blue eyes stared back at me, a small smile playing on his lips, "Lucky guess,"

I shoved his shoulder lightly and rested my chin on the top of my knee. "Suppose you'll have to find out." I outwardly groaned. "I don't need people to read that damn book."

"Have you thought of just saying that it's not real?" Dan suggested, "You can just say it's teen fiction."

I kept my eyes on him, "Y'know, you're not all bad ideas."

"Psh," Daniel leaned back, "Not all bad," He looked at me, "You never told me you still got the attacks."

"I didn't think you'd care." I admitted, enjoying the warm breeze running over me.

"Oh come on, Gee. I was there when the first one happened. You told me that they were better," Daniel grew a concerned face, "what happened?"

I shrugged, still messing with my trainers, "Dunno, I was fine for a while, but something changed. I'm not even sure what it was."

"How long did you go with out any?" Daniel quizzed, watching me carefully.

"Well," I thought back to when i'd told him they were getting better, our fall out over two years ago. "I think about a year and a half, maybe."

Daniel chewed on his bottom lip, lost in thought. "And are they still under the same conditions? As in the end result?"

I nodded, tracing circles near my toes. "I think because of the relapse, it's gotten worse."

"You know, being around all of the press and things that come with being with Dylan, that's not a good combination." Daniel pointed out, saying what I was thinking.

"I know," I sighed, "There's just, I dunno, I don't want to put that on him, but I just, I don't want to lose him." I felt like Dan and I were falling back into the way we were. "I've already lost too many people. Including you."

"I'm here aren't I?" Daniel asked, the corners of my lips tugging upwards.

"I suppose you are." My thoughts dwindled back to why we stopped talking in the first place, "But the Tanner thing still happened, Dan. Just seeing you makes me think of what happened."

Dan took in a breath, "I know," He admitted, "But there's also the fact that other than your Mum, i'm the closest family you've got."

"Very true." I looked over to the lad i'd known for ages, "I, I just need some time, with everything that's already going on. I can't have everything pulling up at the same time."

"Understandable." Daniel agreed, holding out a hand, "I'll be here if you need me though, Gen."

I shook his hand, "Good to know." I stood up, "I should get back inside, Dylan should be done soon."

"He really fancies you, y'know." Daniel pointed out as I began to walk back to the studio across the street.

I smiled lightly, "Yeah, I know."

"Tanner would've liked him. He's a good fit for you," Dan gave me a reassuring smile, "I could never match his standards, but Dylan can."

I nodded a bit, knowing he was completely right about what Tanner would've thought. "Bye, Dan."

Daniel only gave a half smile, "Bye, Gen."

~~

A/N: Well! So I promise you will find out the full story on Gen and Dan but for now, that's all you get! Hope you liked this one! It is still a bit short but i'll update soon so don't worry!
Anyone shipping Gen and Dan or is it just Dylan and Gen so far?
Xx