Chapter Three

3.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

I ran my fingers through my hair, my efforts useless as the wind picked it back up again. Dylan, Edmund and I had started our way back to his from Spoons.  

I knew that it was the lad I had been talking to for four months and I was aware of how well I knew him. It was just that, he was an A-list movie star, and I couldn't pull myself past that. He could be out with anyone else, so why was he spending his Tuesday with me? Why did he even call that next day four months ago? Anyone in the whole wide world and he chose a mystery girl he didn't meet for ages. 

"What are you thinking about?" Dylan looked over at me, noticing my distance. 

"Hm?" My eyes caught his, the shade of brown that was so extremely lovely. "I, uh, oh. I was just wondering if the shipment of my things will get to my dorm on time." I lied, my cares not on my dorm. 

"Ahh. Have you met your roommate yet?" Dylan's hand brushed against mine lightly, a shock running through me. 

I quickly moved mine away and Dylan had put his in his trouser pockets. "Erm, no actually. I'll meet her tonight I suppose." 

"Got you. But remember, no sexy pillow fights without me, England." Dylan stopped and smiled down at me, "Sorry, I mean Gen." 

I laughed, "It's okay, i'm not used to it either." 

Dylan grinned and looked ahead of us, it immediately disapearing. "I'm guessing you don't want to end up in a magazine and all over the internet by tomorrow..." 

But it was the flash that set everything into motion. 

"Not really, no." There were at least ten photographers heading straight for us. 

"Go get 'em, Edmund." Dylan patted Edmund's back and he bounded off, viciously barking at the photographers. "Trust me. Run." Dylan grabbed my hand and jumped off the walk into another person's yard, pulling me with him.  

We ran quickly past the house and towards the sand, both of us darting along the beach towards his house. He nearly ripped off the door and scooted me in before quickly going in behind me. 

Dylan shut and locked the door, "Sorry." He apologised, shutting the curtain above the door. "This is actually a pretty common thing for me." He jimmied down the curtains on the rest of the windows. "Edmund!" 

Edmund scampered out from the kitchen, going straight to me. 

"How on earth-" Did Edmund teleport into the house? 

"There's a dog door in the kitchen, only he can get through it." Dylan checked his mobile, "I think i'm going to have to break my promise about getting you to your dorm by 8. It's nearly then and those guys usually stick around for an hour or two." 

"Lovely." I said with a small teasing tone. "One day with you and i'm hiding from photographers. Not exactly how I imagined it." 

"How did you imagine it? Actually, how did you imagine me?" Dylan sat down on the sofa and offered me a seat. 

"Certainly not Dylan O'Brien." I remarked, sitting down, a seat between us. "But your smile, it's spot on." I immediately looked at my hands, a faint colour appearing on my cheeks. 

Dylan rubbed the back of his neck, his bicep flexing as he did so. Damn. "Well, I got something right about you as well." His cheeks pinked, what ever it was was embarrassing.