Chapter Thirty-Six

A/N: I honestly don't think I will survive the rest of this season of Teen Wolf. It's too much, Jeff Davis. Too much. And 170k on WS? That's insane!! I love you guys so much! xx -Melissa

36.

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

"Thanks, Tia." I said, hopping down from the makeup chair. As much as I didn't mind the fake dirt that we used, it was nice not to have it on. 

"Do you need me to do your hair up or are you wanting to leave it down?" Tia asked, throwing the face wipes streaked brown into the trash bin by her station. "It won't take long."

"Sure, go for it." I got back up, pulling my phone out of my pocket as the red head uncapped a tub of hair product. 

"Your girlfriend seems really nice." Tia rubbed her fingers together before working through the front of my hair, removing it from against my forehead. "James is really impressed with her. Kept talking about a book that she's written."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "He's read it?"

"Yeah. I've never heard of it though." Tia nonchalantly toyed with my hair, fixing it exactly like I like to have it.

"It's not been released yet." I checked my cell, suddenly wondering where Genesis was. "It comes out next year."

"Must be an author thing." Tia shrugged a little, grabbing a towel and wiping her hands off. "You're all set, Dylan."

"It's great, thanks." I got back down, fixing the hem of my blue tshirt. Pocketing my cell, I glanced around in hopes of finding Gen.

"Yo, Kaya." I walked up behind the brunette as she was getting her own stage makeup taken off. "Have you seen Gen?"

"Yeah, I was just talking to her about the party." Kaya motioned her hand towards the exit door, "Phone call, I think."

"Thanks." I patted her shoulder before walking towards the double doors with a neon sign above it. "Gen?" Going through the doors, I looked around the hall.

"There's a release date on it for a reason." 

Following the accent that was no doubt hers, I found a blonde leaning against the wall of windows with an annoyed look on her face.

I waved a little when she saw me but only got a half smile from her. Giving her a minute, I put my back against the wall and watched out the windows.

"That's something you don't seem to understand. Permission." Gen put her hand to her forehead and shut her eyes for a minute. "I don't care. Stop trying to help." 

Undoubtedly, I knew who she was talking to.

Gen scoffed into her phone, frustration laced in her features. A plastic bag was on her arm at her elbow, something purple inside that I couldn't make out. She shook her head, "I'm serious. Don't do it again." Letting go of a sigh, she hung up the call and stuck her mobile into her back pocket. Wordlessly, she walked over to me and buried her head into my shoulder.

"Elizabeth?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her.

"I hate her so much." Gen mumbled, her eyelashes brushing the base of my neck. 

"We can do something about her." I ran my hand down her hair, "I should've sooner."

"She's made it clear that there isn't much of a way out of." Gen said, "She worked her way into it so that it'll start some sort of commotion. She's trying to control my life."