Chapter Fourty-Three

A/N: Someone make my midterms go away
P.s. here is your history lesson, which I'll go in depth with in later chapters -Mel xxx

43.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

When my mum and I left London, we left for good. We'd considered it a place of bad luck and ill will, but never said it out loud.

We'd lost too much there. Our family decreased in half from the city and it never had a nice aura to us anymore.

When I was little and in the car with my father, we were on our way to pick up my older brother Tanner. But we had a surprise in the car for him.

And that surprise happened to be Daniel.

Tanner and Daniel met on a summer holiday ages ago in Cornwall and found out later that we lived on opposite sides of London. As they got older and moved closer, it was easier to see each other, but as kids it was hard.

So for Tanner's birthday, Dad and I drove to pick up Daniel and we then went to get Tanner. It was one of the happiest faces I'd ever seen from my brother; me and Daniel waiting for him outside of a rough day at school.

Daniel, for the longest time, was this older boy that was unreachable as he and Tanner shut me out so they could play Pokémon without me lingering.

Then, I reached the age where boys were no longer gross and had cooties. And with my mental age so much higher than I was, and Dan in close vicinity, it wad hard not to have a crush on him.

But it was what we went through together that made us locked together; Tanner,  Daniel and I.

On our way to drive Daniel home after a week off with him staying at our house, things got complicated.

In Picadilly Circus, a British equivalent to Time's Square, there was a car pile up.

We were in it.

I broke my arm, Daniel cracked four ribs and Tanner snapped a collar bone. Dad didn't survive.

It could’ve been survivor's guilt or the fact we'd made it through together, but the three of us were different after that.

Daniel was already a part of the family, but after Dad it was sealed in stone.

But a couple years ago, that changed.

No longer could I breathe in London. I barely made it through the airport without wanting to shut everything out.

"But now, he wants to stay in London a couple of days to show him around. What am I supposed to do?"

I sat on the cold ground, the grass crisping and almost rock hard. I plucked a thorn off of a rose stem that was among a bundle laying on the earth's surface and threw it to the side.

My eyes fell upon the grey stone I'd cleaned earlier, it being my first location since I'd gotten home to Bury St. Edmunds. "I don't know what to do anymore, about anything. I really need you right now."

Tanner Albert Venita
Beloved Son, Brother, and Friend

"I need you so much, Tan." I sat at my brother's grave, having walked from my house before I even unpacked my suitcase. Nothing else really mattered than seeing him. "Everything is insane now. There's the fucking book that I can't make go away, uni classes, writing for Teen Wolf and Dylan. Jesus, Dylan. I just,"

A soft breeze swept over the graveyard void of people, myself alone with the wind whipping my hair and letting it flutter around.

"I don't know how to tell him."