Chapter Thirty-Nine

A/N: My god Dylan looks so good in TMR. Like, too much to handle of hotness. I definitely don't regret skipping a party and going to an opening night screening of the film. I wasn't expecting it to be on point with the book but it did a fairly good job. The cast was amazing! Shall we begin? xx -Melissa

39.

{Dylan's P.O.V}

I bumped the back door of my car shut with my hip, a box occupying my hands. I was worried the package wouldn't show up in time, but I got lucky.

The main security guard greeted me like he had an hour ago, holding the door open for me.

"Hey," I stopped on my way in, "Has my girlfriend been through here?" On top of it all, my phone had died when I was at the post office. "Blonde, kind of short, British."

"Miss Venita got here just a little while ago." Burly and with bushy eyebrows, the security nodded towards the door. "Setting up."

"Thanks, man." I went past his arm, spotting Ellen at the bar. "Sorry that took longer than I thought."

"It's not problem, sweetheart." Ellen pointed a finger past the stairs, "That pretty girl of yours is in the back room."

I laughed lightly, adjusting my hold on the box. "Thanks." I walked back to the green room, getting the door open. "Hey."

Gen looked up from across the room, half hidden behind a stack of boxes. The corners of her lips turned up in a smile, "Hey."

I set down the box on one of the empty vanities, "I didn't mean to leave all the work to you."

"Don't worry, there's still plenty for you." She inwardly laughed as I grabbed her waist when she met me halfway.

I wrapped her into a hug, Gen placing her hands on either side of my jaw. It was strange an amazing how smoothly it worked, pulling her into a kiss without hesitation.

Gen kept her lips on mine just a little longer, smiling as she moved her hands to my shoulders when her mouth left mine.

"What was that for?" I asked, watching her eyes. In the light, the green had changed to a shimmery emerald.

She had on a slight grin, "Does it have to be for anything?"

"In that case," I smiled, bringing my lips back to hers.

Gen laughed lightly into the kiss, pressing back against mine.

"How about this." I suggested, still holding on to her waist once we'd pulled away. "We lock that door and forget about the party." I rested my forehead against hers, grinning at the look that crossed her face.

I'm almost positive she was considering it.

"I would be all for that if we weren't hosting." Gen stole a quick kiss before escaping my hold. She pushed her fingers through hair as she walked a stack of opened boxes. "What do you want to start with?"

"Did you have a mint earlier or something?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Something spearminty?"

Gen held back a laugh, looking slightly concerned with me. "Jesus, Dylan."

"What?" I grinned, catching the roll of streamers she tossed to me. "Did you?"

She gave me a look, unsure of what to think. "Yeah, earlier." She was having trouble with not laughing. "Did you have to put it like that?"

"You're hurting my feelings." I whined, walking back to where she was and around to another stack of boxes.

"I think you can handle it." Gen replied, clearly still amused.