Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Okay, so this doesn't tie with the real fact of there being an A/B to season 3. Pretend for my sake that where part A ends is actually where, in this story, season 3 ends and the filming for season 4 starts. Where this fic is happening is when they're almost done filming season 4. This is also a bit of a shortie.

So I see the ships are leaning towards Denesis... Interesting choice. Personally, I can't decide either and i'm the one writing this thing!
So my Denesis shippers, here's some more for you -
-Mel xx

13.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"Genesis! I'm so glad you're here!" Maria Fletcher was a thin yet curvy woman with ginger hair pinned back in a tight, neat chignon. Her grey pinstriped skirt suit shouted business and her gold watch encrusted with, what I assumed to be real, diamonds. As she smiled and shook my hand she glanced back to Daniel. "Mr. Daniel Sharman, what are you doing here?" With Maria likewise to Dan and I, she too had a clear Londoner accent.

"Just accompanying a friend." Daniel stated, shaking hands with Maria.

"Well it's lovely to have you with us!" Maria motioned for the three of us to sit at the corner table hidden away from the windows. "Now, your manager Liz explained to me what you and he talked about with exactly where you'd like it to release first." Taking a swift glance to Daniel, his surprised expression went unnoticed by Maria. "So, we've made a deal with Bloomsbury to have them release your novel with a special set-aside cover." She pulled out a pencil from a designer handbag, "So, we'll be designing two covers today instead of one."

"May I ask why Bloomsbury?" Daniel cut in politely, resting his chin on his hand.

"Elizabeth made me well aware of Genesis' favourite series being released from that company. As well as it being an English company instead of American." Maria explained, clicking the lead of her pencil into view.

"You mean the Harry Potter novels?" I asked quickly, surprised that Elizabeth even knew that.

"By J.K. Rowling, yes." Maria pushed the subject aside, "Now, shall we?" She flattened out the page of drawing paper and looked up at me hopefully.

Instead of arguing against even having it released, I gave Maria my thoughts on the cover for the Bloomsbury release of 11,000 and then for the American run on 10,000 copies. It was stupid to fight Elizabeth so instead, I went with it. Maybe if I played her game, she'd let me in on why exactly I was playing it.

Maria happily tapped the strategically drawn cover art for the front, spine, and back. "I think we have it." She pulled out the two filled pages and marked the top on which one was for Bloomsbury and which one was for Poppy. "I'll keep in touch with Elizabeth who'll wire everything to you." As she stood up and pulled her bag over her shoulder, she held out a hand to me. "It was a pleasure to work with a fellow country woman."

"And you," I shook Maria's pale hand and stood up along with Daniel to follow.

"Y'know," Maria thought of something and stayed to talk, "I actually read the manuscript myself, good stuff, honestly. We need more authours like you, Genesis Venita."

"Thank you," I said sheepishly, Daniel catching interest.

"How would you describe it?" Dan quickly asked before she could get out of the door of Vinny's.

"In it's simplicity, i'd say; Forbidden Love." Maria let out a euphoric sigh, "A forbidden love struck with tragedy questioning prevalence. Again with the 'good stuff', it's honestly one of the most well plotted and well written novels i've ever read." Her eyes curiously fell to me, "Where ever did you get the idea for it?"

I sucked in a breath, feeling Daniel's eyes burning into the side of my face, "A civil authour never tells."

"Mum's the word, of course." Maria narrowed eyes at me with a grin, "You're destined for greatness, love. Nice meeting dears." She waved off, black pumps taking her figure down the street.

I bit my lip and stared down at my brown gladiators, still feeling Daniel watching me. "Can we go?" I asked hesitantly, growing uncomfortable.

"Genesis," Daniel grabbed onto my arm as he felt me move, "How detailed did you make your book?"

"Enough." I said, refusing to meet his eyes.

"She said forbidden love-"

"That's what it was, okay! We both know that!" I kept my tone quiet enough to keep the few at the window seats from hearing. "Then it caused something we can't take back and now," I groaned and fell back down to my seat. "And now he's gone and we can't get him back no matter what we do."

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

Posey slapped me on the back as he came into hair and makeup, happily sitting down next to me. "No Genesis today?"

I shut my eyes as a powder brush streaked across my face, "She had to get back to L.A. early."

"Are you thinking about bringing her?" He asked curiously, glancing over as a light flush of makeup went on to his face.

'To the wedding?" I attempted to ruffle my hair but my hand was quickly swatted away. "I don't really know, I mean I'd like to but,"

"/It'd be a big step." Tyler finished, reading my mind like he always could.

"Exactly." I sighed, "I mean we're not technically together, so, I don't really know-"

"Dude, have you thought about asking her on a date? Like a real date? You have to start somewhere, right?" He suggested, his hair being tended to.

"With everything going on for her right now, I don't know if that would be a very good idea." I pursed my lips, "I mean, hell, I want to, I really want to." 

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, "You mean like what happened the other day?"

"Yeah, well, sort of. I mean those don't happen just because, it's things that are causing them. Since she's on exchange from Oxford at UCLA, she's got this roommate that first off was a paparazzi, and then she took an unpublished manuscript of a book Gen wrote, and she turned it into a publisher."

Tyler's mouth fell agape, "Well that's something." He drummed his fingers on his thigh, "How bad is her case?"

"Her case?" 

"Well yeah, there are different kind of stages of anxiety disorders. Some get worse than others depended on the person or the cause of the disorder in the first place. Any idea what hers is?" Tyler got a pad of liquidly crushed coffee beans to symbolize dirt wiped across his cheek. 

"I've never asked." I thought for a minute, knowing she has it on such a high risk that a lot of things can set her off. "How bad can it get?"

"If it's that bad of a case, it can be deadly."