Chapter Fourty-One

A/N: Bob's Burgers is taking over my life for real

41.

{Genesis' P.O.V}

Laying half on half off the sofa in Dylan's house, I was poking at my computer dully. I was attempting to navigate through my most recent Mandarin paper, but my mind was set elsewhere.

To be honest, it was set on the fact I would be home in two days.

In the miraculous event of having Dylan free from filming and promos, I'd asked him to come to England with me. And Kaya wasn't wrong when she said he would be happy too.

The funny thing was, I was moderately terrified.

England held all of my past - all of it. Everything with Daniel, my brother, my father, all of it sat quaintly in the small country. I felt it defeated the purpose of my hiding of it if I brought him up close to it.

But I wanted him to know. I just wasn't sure how to tell him.

Shutting my laptop, I slipped off the edge of the sofa and stayed on the floor without even reacting.

Dylan looked up from his book, furrowing his eyebrows down at me. "Yes?"

I groaned inwardly, unmoving on the carpet.

"I don't think that works as an answer." Dylan marked the page in his book at set it to the side. With a heavy sigh, he turned around and slid off the couch like I had. He waited a minute, his eyes on the ceiling as he laid next to me. "I can see why this could be comfortable."

With my head tilted to the side to look at him, I couldn't help but grin. "You live here and you've never laid out on your own floor?" I asked with an arched brow.

"Do you commonly lay on the floor?" He asked back, a hint of questionablity in his voice.

"Are you kidding? I'm best mates with mine in Bury."

"Speaking of." Dylan absently took my hand, lacing his fingers with mine. "What are we planning on doing in good old England?"

"It's up to you. I lived there my whole life." I replied, the November light of the afternoon leaking into the open living space. "Where do you want to go?"

"Wouldn't we just be staying in Bury?" Dylan quizzed, lifting an eyebrow.

"I have a car." I laughed at the look he gave me. "I'm twenty three. Don't you think I know how to drive?"

"I just mean, you never - I haven't," Dylan was honestly perplexed, "I just hadn't seen anything relative to driving with you."

"I don't like American driving. It freaks me out still." I admitted, hesitating when I saw an idealistic expression cross his face. "Oh god, you want to try to drive there, don't you?"

"Can I?" He got excited, his eyes lighting up. "Will you teach me?"

"I suppose, but I'll have to take you out to Thetford to get more out of the way so you don't run anyone over."  I smiled at his offended look, "Trust me, Bury isn't a place to learn to drive."

"Are we going to London?"

I hesitated, but only just. "Do you want to?"

"Of course I do, it's London." Dylan replied, neither of us moved from our spots on the floor.

"I-"

He sighed inwardly, his phone ringing next to where he left his book. "Hold that thought." He let go of my hand after kissing it lightly, getting up from the ground.