Chapter Seventeen

A/N: It's here! Finally! Honestly, even i've been looking forward to writing this chapter. So 14.5k? That makes me really happy. I mean 400+ votes and 130+ comments? It's insane! I'm really glad that you all like this fic so much!

So here's chapter seventeen, the dinner with Dylan, Gen and Dyl's older sister Julia. Enjoy Xx ~Mel

17.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"Hey Dylan, are you-" I stopped halfway down the stairs, Dylan, dressed slickly in a suit, already staring at me with wide eyes. "I guess you are." I awkwardly stepped down towards him, feeling uncomfortable in the black pumps.

"You look," Dylan shook his head, gazing over me at a loss for words, "Amazing."

I rolled my eyes, petting at the golden waves falling past my sternum. "Can we go before I run out on you? I don't do well under pressure."

"You'll be fine." Dylan looped his arms around my waist, hugging me against him. "And as scary as Julia may seem, she's really not that bad. She's intimidating you on purpose, she's trying to scare you away."

"You do a perfectly fine job of that." I grinned, playing with his silky purple tie against his tight but well fitting white dress shirt.

Dylan rolled his eyes with a dramatic sigh, "Well, you're still here so i'm doing something right."

"Are you sure it isn't just pity?" I teased, Dylan grabbing the keys to lock up the house.

Dylan narrowed his eyes, keeping an arm around my waist as we walked out of the door and towards the sleek black car waiting out front. "I have a feeling that it's not but I can't be sure." He squeezed me to his side a little tighter, smiling to where the indents near the corners of his mouth made themselves present. He was gorgeous in any sense.

I laughed lightly, thanking the driver as he opened the back door for me. "What do you think your sister will ask about? I feel like i'll need notecards or something."

"Don't worry so much!" Dylan replied with a laugh, climbing in after me. "Just be you," He grabbed my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles as he kept eye contact, "Be you and Jules will love you, I promise."

"Are you speaking from personal experience?" I asked quietly, a flicker in the depth of his brown eyes.

"I don't know, you'd have to ask America." He said it without really saying it. That it was before we actually met, before I even knew that he was Dylan O'Brien, even before all of the book drama and being thrown into the public's eye.

A throat cleared, Dylan and I realising that the car had come to a stop outside of a fancy looking restaurant. my eyes widened, Dylan laughing slightly. "Dylan, I don-"

"Gen, you'll be fine." As the door of the back opened, he squeezed my hand. "Promise."

I sucked in a breath, releasing it heavily. "Okay." I set a foot onto the tarmac, slowly pulling myself out.

I hesitated for a moment, waiting for Dylan to follow me out. As I did, a sudden commotion struck the velvet roped street. In simple, we were spotted by middle aged men with cameras.

"Bloody hell." I mumbled nervously, my eyes flickering all around as people started shouting and pointing.

"Don't show fear." Dylan whispered as if we were in the jungle to keep the situation airy, placing a protective arm around me as we were led into the restaurant.

"We're with my sister." Dylan stated to the waiter dressed in black tie, one of those catipilar moustaches resting on his upper lip as it too were uncomfortable. "O'Brien."