Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N: Hey guys! So sorry that it took me so long to update this fic! I planned on adding the next chapter last week but when I was at my Dad's for holiday, the laptop wouldn't connect to the internet. Now, a year older in life, I give you chapter 29! Xx -Melissa 

29.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"So, are we having a Teen Wolf marathon tonight, then?" Dylan asked, his suitcase open and half packed on his side of the bed. 

I laughed, shaking my head. "I will never, ever let you witness me watching an episode of Teen Wolf that I haven't seen before." I pushed at my hair that was messily tied up and away from my neck. 

Dylan whined, "But whyy?"

"Because!" I couldn't explain it seriously. "It's embarrassing!" 

"Oh, come on! It can't be that bad, Gen." He tried, folding a grey shirt of his into a neat square before sticking it into the case. "It's me. You shouldn't be embarrassed about it. Or anything." 

I forced myself to push away the grin creeping onto my face. The was no chance in hell that I would let him see me watch his show. "Dyl, I wear a hoodie for a lacrosse team that doesn't actually exist, and it's a requirement."

Dylan cheekily grinned, "Yeah, but it's for me. So that should count for something if my number is on the back of it."

"Technically, it's Stiles' number." I pointed said, lightly giggling. "So, I say that it doesn't count."

Dylan stared at me with slightly narrowed eyes, his mind in pursuit of finding a way to win the argument. He gave in, "Gennn. Come on." Dragging out his words, Dylan whined. "Please!" 

The way he pouted wasn't helping me say no to him. 

I didn't want him to watch me watch Teen Wolf. Seeing as how many times before that i've cried over that bloody show, it would clearly happen again. Jeff Davis is an evil mastermind and the tears never fail when it comes to his writing.

"You've already lived all of the episodes, so why should you get to watch them with me? You already know what's going to happen." I crossed my arms, trying to make a case as I ignored my packing momentarily.

"I know what's going to happen, yes, but I haven't seen the full cuts of the episodes. It always looks better in the final cut that it does when we're living it in front of the camera."

Maybe I can't win this.

Dylan grinned at my silence. "You can wear your hoodie if it makes you feel better."

I tossed the shirt he let me sleep in at his face. "Shut up."

++

"I told you no. I don't want to do it, Elizabeth." I pinched the bridge of my nose, sitting on the floor of Dylan's California house. Sighing, I moved my hand down to pet Edmund, who resided spread out on the floor with his head in my lap. "You can't tell me how this works. It's my life and you can't control it."

"Someone is getting brave." Elizabeth snorted a little, "And yet, you know that you've got so much to lose. I know your secret. That's how things work, 'love'. I hold the key to your cage, so I, in sense, own you."

"In your plot for trying to ruin my life, you over looked something." I had to shut my eyes to keep myself from completely blowing up. Breathing until I got it steady again, I continued. "You made a move, and now, it won't matter if you know or not what's gone on. It'll be out to the public, and someone will connect the dots. You won't have any control, and because I know that, you don't have control now either. I'm aware that i've only got a matter of time."