Chapter Thirty

A/N: So sorry for the month long break! I didn't mean for it to go on that long without being updated! But here's my new update! I've got Chinese food at the ready and i'm ready to write! -Melissa Xx

30.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

"Great job today, Genesis." Sherri patted my shoulder, walking past as I tied up my converse. "I'll have your agent let you know once they're up for the public." Smiling, she gave me a wave before leaving me.

Dropping down from the chair i'd been in to get makeup done earlier, I was thankful to be in flat shoes, seeing as I spent most of my day in heels. "Cheers, Sherri." I replied, adjusting the sleeve of black cardigan that overed my army green vest. 

"Teen Vogue wants a spread to advertise Dalliance." Elizabeth said, a Bluetooth in one ear and her thumbs pressing away at her mobile. Looking up when she didn't receive a response, she lifted an eyebrow at me. "Genesis?"

"Oh, I have a say in this one?" I asked, watching her through the mirror as I put my hair in a plait. "Go ahead, it's fine." I said, picking up my black leather shoulder bag and sticking it over my shoulder. 

"That's the spirit, Gen." Elizabeth said, halfly smiling as she stuck her cell phone in her pocket. "Now, I need to schedule, so do you know when your next outing for Teen Wolf is?"

"Erm, not sure. The season is done filming, so it'll be more spread out.We're only working ideas for the next season right now. " I knew that for the most recent week, Dylan had been doing some things for Maze Runner with the rest of the cast. "Jeff hasn't planned anything specific with me, but i'll let you know."

"Perfect." Elizabeth found her eyes across the room towards the exit, nodding to someone. "Are you sure you don't want a ride back to the dorms?"

I shook my head a little, grabbing my ear buds out of my bag. "I'm fine."

She shrugged, not putting up a fight with me. "Okay. See you later. And get a twitter up, like immediately. Great work today."

"Cheers." I said, Elizabeth already walking away as I attached the headphones to my mobile. Putting one in, I twirled the other in the air absently as I headed for the door out of the modelling department of Sherri's studio. Waving to one of the girls that was in a few of the photos with me, I left the building surrounded by The Cab playing loudly in my ears. 

I never got to give much thought to how beautiful the city of Los Angeles actually was. Everything moved too fast when I got here, and they didn't seem to be slowing down. 

Smiling lightly about nothing in particular as I walked down the mildly crowded streets of uptown LA, I took in what I could.

Tanner would've loved this place. 

Slipping into a bookstore that was squished between two bigger retail stores, a smell of old books hit me rather strongly. Pulling out my ear buds, I paused my music and disconnected my headphones.

"Hey there, welcome to Blue River books." Looking up from a book that had been well loved, a girl with blond hair that ended blue smiled over at me. "Is there anything I can help you with today?"

Putting the headphones into my bag, I slipped my mobile into the back pocket of my light skinny jeans as I looked around the bookstore. "Just looking around." I replied, admiring the posters of classic books as well as the ones that were new. "What're you reading?" I asked, smiling at the girl with striking amber eyes.