Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Wow, I getting really bad at updating. My apologies loves! It's mainly because my mind just spits ideas out for other fics, so it seems right when I'm planning on updating WS, I get an idea and get distracted with that! But I did have to cut this short since I had to go to the gym!I'll try and update again soon! Xx -Melissa 

18.

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

Jeff's text came out early in the morning, early enough for Gen to still be tucked under my arm with a mass of covers engulfing us. With it just the beginning of October, I knew exactly what the text was for without even reading. The cast halloween party.

Hey everyone! Hoping you can all get down to the LA studio at noon for our picking of the host for the third  annual cast halloween party!  -JD

Sticking my phone back onto the side table along with a lamp and my watch, Genesis stirred lightly against me. I looked down to her, drousy green eyes fluttering open. "Morning."

Gen smiled lightly, "Morning." She mumbled, clearly still stuck in the temperal sleeping phase that she could keep up until noon on most days. "Who texted?" She asked, waking up ever so slowly as she tucked her chin to the worn Oxford t-shirt she wore to sleep in. 

"Jeff. He's making us meet to figure out who's hosting our Halloween party. He says it's random but it's whoever gets the short end of the stick has to do it." I recalled the time being roughly 10, sunday morning meaning Gen had class soon. "Do you want me to drive you today?" 

I felt Gen stretch out her short legs, more life in her eyes now. "I'm supposed to meet Elizabeth at the ice cream parlour up the street to talk about the book. She said she'll give me a ride." 

"And you're fine with that?" I asked questionably, never thinking i'd see the day.

"Nope." She nuzzled into my chest, sighing lightly. "It's easier not to argue with her, honestly." 

Now that sounded more like Gen. 

"When do you need to be there?" I asked, lacing her left hand with mine. 

"About eleven since class is at noon." Gen replied softly, her eyes dwindling off to stare at the window across from her. Even though the curtains were drawn shut, a steady stream of light fell upon the room. 

"Well it's ten now. You could sleep some more if you want to." I told her, sleep sounding deadly appealing. 

Gen shook her head softly, looking up at me. "I should get up if I don't want to look like a bloody ripper or something."

I rolled my eyes, grinning at her choice of reference. "I don't believe you."

Gen groaned funnily, laughing into my chest before pulling herself up. "Sure, sure." Nearly rolling off of the bed from laziness, Genesis managed her way out of the room and headed to do whatever she did in the morning.

Running my hands through my hair, I got up myself, knowing i'd be asleep again in seconds if I didn't get up now. I shook my head as I walked towards my bathroom at Gen's comment about herself. She really couldn't see it.

 ----------------------

Gen knocked on the front door lightly, coming in a moment later. "Dylan, you home?"

"Dining room." I mumbled, staring at the papers infront of me. 

Gen leaned against the pillar just to the side of me, a small smirk on her lips. "Short end of the stick?" She asked, failing to cover up her laughter.

"Oh, don't think you're getting out of this. You're helping me."  I told her, looking behind me.

"Who says?" Genesis walked up behind me, resting her hands on my shoulders.