Chpt 01-Part II

BING BONG WELCOME BACK GUYS🤪🥳💃 Had to give an update before the year ended. Y'all missed me?

Kacey POV

"You look so happy

"You look so happy. Sis you glowing."

"I feel happy Jaime."

"It's been a long time coming."

"Fashoo."

I am so at peace with myself with the way my life has been going. These past three years have been a challenge for me but right now I can definitely say that I'm finally getting back to my old self. For a long time I felt like I had no control of my life. I felt like all the wrong things were happening to me. It was like someone made a voodoo doll out of me and put it through fuccin misery reflecting my life in the last few years. All that aside I am proud. I'm proud of myself and the person I have become. I am happy with myself and happy in my relationship.

I have taken some huge L's over the years including the death of my father. I truly felt cursed. Death kept hitting me at all angles. I just couldn't catch a break. It felt like I was paying for somebody's sins because it sure as hell could not be mine unless we talking about me sleeping with the devil--marrying him to be more precise. Even still, I don't think that I deserved all that I had gone through.

The day my father was set to come home, my mother was awaiting his departure from the prison. She was parked right outside watching the love of her life walk to her in all his glory looking as happy as ever to be finally set free only for it to be taken in the blink of an eye. A car drove by and fired several shots, one hitting my father right in the head. The car didn't reach far as it was decorated with bullets by the guards before it even left the premises but that was the last thing on my mother's mind as my father laid in a pool of his own blood in front of her. There was no easy way of telling my daughter that she would never see her grand dad again. My mother on the other hand couldn't stand to stay in the house they shared. The house that we all once called home. My mother has always been a strong woman but there's only so much one woman can take. My mother lost her soul mate just as she got him back. That's something no one could've prepared her for. After the funeral she left New York entirely and she's now living on her own in LA. I visit her as often as possible. She's doing much better now but she still isn't the same and it hurts me to know that there's nothing that I can do to take her pain away.

"Y'all ain't ready to leave yet?"

"Damn babe, we're coming." I told him.

"Yeah Spooky, have some patience will ya?" Jaime retorted.

This is yet another thing that I didn't see coming. A relationship between my long time male bestfriend and I.

Spooky and I had always been close but he was there for me the most during my breakup with Dave and my father's untimely demise. It was so hard for me and he was there for me everyday no matter the hour. He always made himself available even if it was just to be a listening ear and I appreciated that. Over time, we both caught feelings for each other—well it's more like I caught feelings and his grew. Spooky admitted he always had feelings for me but apparantly I was the only one too blind to notice. I was blinded by my love for the devil.