Part 23

Jaime POV

"Jaime lower the volume!" My dad yelled from outside my door.
"They really should be used to me blasting music you know." I mumbled to myself before turning down the volume. I'm currently three months pregnant and my pregnancy has been running smooth so far. I remember my first doctor's appointment I found out I was four weeks pregnant. I was beyond terrified because I know I had been drinking during that time. Thank God I wasn't drinking that often or that much because my baby was very much healthy. If not that guilt would've hit me like a slap in the face. It took me an entire month to come out and tell my parents that I'm pregnant. My mom was in full blown tears but quite supportive. I mean she knew I didn't plan this but she was happy it was with the man that I love. She did admit that she suspected I was pregnant though "Based on my behaviour" she said. My dad on the other hand is who I was most scared to disappoint since I am closer to him. Suprisingly though, he took it better than I expected. He did reveal that he wished I had waited a little longer before having a kid. In his words "Like probably move out of the house first", and with that I announced that Kyle and I are indeed house hunting. This revelation was news to everyone including Kacey. They congratulated us and my parents offered to help in any way that they could. As for the bombshell that is my father still running the streets, Kacey and I kept our mouths sealed on that. She hasn't mentioned it at all after the day that she discussed the matter. However, she did reveal to them that she has been seeing someone and said she would introduce them when the time is right in her eyes. Of course my father wasn't too much in agreement with that but we know how protective he is. He simply wants to make sure she's dating a guy that can keep her safe and not bring her danger or hurt her in any way, but Kacey stood firm on her decision and explained that she doesn't want to bother introduce them incase it turns out that the relationship doesn't last long. In her words "It would be a waste of everybody's time especially mine." It was a nice cover up for the real reason she didn't want to introduce them if you asked me though. She and Dave have been dating for two months now and I can see he makes her happy. He appeared scary at first but once I got comfortable with him, he seems like a real cool dude. I just hope he doesn't play my sister especially after learning who our dad is. If he thinks he can use that to his advantage he's in for a rude awakening.

 If he thinks he can use that to his advantage he's in for a rude awakening