Chpt 10- Part II

Kacey POV

"Mom can we get going now please? Dad and I are supposed to be going to see a basket ball game today

"Mom can we get going now please? Dad and I are supposed to be going to see a basket ball game today."

"This girl has no patience I swear."

"At least she got something to look forward to on weekends."

"Did you feed your dog already?"

"Yes mom and I cleaned it's mess already. Now can we go, please?"

"I haven't even been able to contact your father yet. I'm not sure if he's home."

"He has to be."

Yeah he better be because I got a word to have with him anyway. Karin told me all naw out Carmen making a move on Dave. I wanna confront him so he could tell me if they've slept together. I don't think Dave would've ever cheated on me but if I learnt that he did while we were together I don't know how imma feel about that for real.

"I'm so sorry girls. Maybe we'll get through to him later." I said offering her a soft smile.

I was pissed on the inside. Dave hasn't returned any of our calls and he knows he has the girls every weekend so he's supposed to make himself available. I would hate to believe he at the trap or somewhere doing illegal business. The thought alone upsets me. They were looking forward to spending time with their dad. The disappointment is evident on their faces. Best believe when I see him he gon get an ear full from me.

After I dropped them back home, I left to pick up Anika. I promised my niece I would get her hair braided today. When I got there Jaime wasn't home. I greeted Kyle, we spoke for a couple minutes then I left with Anika.

"I ain't seen you here in a minute girl."

"I know it's been a little while. Hook my niece up with some cornrow braids boo."

"This Jaime daughter that done got so big?"

"Only niece I got." I chuckled.

I left Anika at the salon while I ran a few errands. I bought a smoothie to keep my appetite in check for now until I get home.

By the time I pulled up to the salon Anika was all done. I was driving her back home when a reminder for the doctor popped up on my phone.

"Shit." I completely forgot I had an appointment today. I do a regular check up every year although shamefully I have missed the past two years. My appointment was within an hours time. I dropped my niece back home and zoomed back to the city when a call came through on my phone.

Wassup Karin?

Kaykay I just learnt Dave was arrested days ago. That's why you couldn't get a hold of him

What? Where you hear that from?

Ace

And he only now remembered to mention this shit. Of all the days for him to keep his big mouth shut!