Chpt 05-Part II

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL 🎄✨🎊!! 12.25.21🥳

Kacey POV

"Kay what's been going on witchu?"

"Watchu mean?"

"You been a little off since yesterday, what's wrong?"
I ran into my husband and he basically threatened me to come home to him, that is what's wrong.

"Nothing, just stressing about Kaziah's party." I lied.
This party is the last thing on my mind right now. My mind has been in overdrive ever since my little run in with Dave. I've been on edge ever since. Somewhere deep down I still care about Dave. He is the father of my children, the only man to get down on one knee for me and the only man I ever loved so deeply. So despite everything, every terrible thing that he has done and how badly he has changed none of those facts can be erased from my memories especially when the reality is he has done more good than bad to me. The sad truth is the few bad he has done kind of outweighs the good.

I could never look myself in the mirror again if I ever took him back after that revelation. I would feel disgusted in my own skin. I would be disappointing not only myself but Trey and Melody. I bet she would be screaming at me to turn him in right now but I can't. I can't do that to Kaziah, Kassidy and Davia. What if something happens to me one day and their only parent is behind bars? How will that affect them. Then what if they grow up without their dad in their life, will they blame me for it? Will they hate me? A frown crosses my face at the thought. I really wish I could've done more to get justice for my friend so both he and his sister could rest peacefully but I just can't bring myself to do what I probably should have three years ago. Besides what proof do I actually have? None. I would look like booboo the fool trying to get Dave arrested for a murder I cannot prove. That's way too much public attention. My family has been through enough and I don't need to make it worse for any of us. Still, with him freely running the streets and trying to run me, what do I do? How do I escape him? Is it even possible?

I feel so lost and terrified. Dave wouldn't hurt me, right? He lost his cool for a minute at the party but he wouldn't do more harm than that, right? I think not.. but then again, maybe that's why he threatened my boyfriend's life. He probably suspects that I know he wouldn't hurt me that's why he promised he would hurt Spooky. I can't let that happen but I can't let Dave think he runs me.

📞Incoming call from Carmen♥️

Hey boo, wassup ?

I forgot to mention our daughter's birthday party

David what the hell?! Where is Carmen?

She's fine Kacey, relax. I just want us to plan a good 13th birthday party for Miani

How did you know I was throwing her a party?

She turns 13. You wouldn't be you if you didn't throw her one.

I have a restraining ord—

Kacey.

Everything is already planned out anyway Dave

Then I guess all I have to do is show up then. Send me the address

But-

*Call Ended*

"Why that nigga calling you Kay?"