Part 40

Kacey POV

It's been a few days since I got back from Jamaica and I still haven't seen Dave as yet. I've been texting him but he claims he's been real busy lately. Meanwhile I'm back to my normal shifts at the salon with business booming more than usual after Alexis Sky gave us a shoutout on the gram for a wig I did for her recently. I'm currently in my room at my parents house trying to plan Jaime's baby shower with her and my mom. Of course this isn't really my dad's thing so he passed on that while us girls are super excited by the whole thing. Jaime wants all our family from New York to be present, some of her friends from school that she's still in contact with, and our parents are having a few of their friends who practically watched us grow up so the way I see it, this party is going to be big. Our family alone is going to be alot of people to cater for with all the cousins we have. Both of our grandmother's are going to be there as well since our dad's mom is flying in with our Uncle and his family. I'm bringing Dave along, so this is going to be his first time around my family which has me mad nervous. He's already met everyone in my family and he and my dad seem to be cool enough so at least that's one thing I don't have to worry about but my extended family is something else. I hope to God everything goes well.

Ace POV

Things have been real hectic between Onika and I. After our last argument she swore she was done. I wasn't worried because she literally always says that. To my suprise she meant it this time. I came home that night and she was gone along with my babygirl. I couldn't care less than Onika left. That relationship been over a long time ago as far as I'm concerned she's been nothing but the mother of my child. What pissed me off was the fact that she left with my child. I wasn't for that. I remember calling her phone non-stop but she never answered. I went to bed and decided to try again the next day only to find out her number was disconnected. I let a few days pass before going to her mom's place but she wasn't there. I even tried her sister but she wasn't there either and those were the only two places I knew for sure she would've gone too. I used my own skills to track her down to a hotel. I still remember the pissed off look on her face when she swung the door open after my continuous pounding. I went straight for my babygirl and we ended up in the huge argument. Shit went left when she started hitting on me after I put our daughter down and as a reflex I shoved her off. I didn't even hit her but she fell hard on her ass and got up charging at me like a damn animal. She completely ignored all my warnings and I was growing more upset and annoyed at every blow I took. My rage fucked me up because the next thing I knew I was beating her up until hotel security pulled me off. I got locked up that night but Dave luckily bailed me out eventually but I still face a possible Assault and Battery charge which I gotta go to court for. To make matters worse Onika not only filed a restraining order but she filed for sole custody of our daughter. That shit just made my blood boil. She never mentioned that she was hitting on me, the only thing they concerned with is that I beat her. I don't know how but I'm gonna fight for my daughter that's the only thing I care about.

Dave POV

Shit been crazy this last week. I been cooked up in the trap and accompanying Scrappy when he goes to negotiate deals on Dollar's behalf. I don't know what I did to earn me the privilege to be this involved but it definitely shows progress. With the way I've been busy though prevented me from seeing Kacey because by the time I get to my crib I'd be too tired to go check her at her place. I ain't seen her since she's been back from Jamaica which means I ain't got the chance to bring up Trigga yet and one thing about Kacey, she catches a serious attitude when she missing me. Despite the fact that we've been texting, it's really mostly been short convos because ain't no way I'll entertaim her with an attitude like that. I'm bout to leave the trap though so I'll surprise her and pop up at her apartment later tonight since I know she'll be at work until 7PM.
-----------------------------------
"Who is it!?" I heard her yell.
"Your man girl open up."
"Baabbyyyy!" She squealed once she swung the door open.
"What's good mamas?" I smirked and she immediately jumped on me.
"Damn somebody missed me huh?" I asked knowing the answer as I walked inside with Kacey wrapped around me.
"You got no idea." She smiled before crashing her lips on mine.
"I missed you so much Dave." She said breaking the kiss.
"Let's see how much you missed daddy." I smirked.
------------------------------------
"I swear you gon be the death of my pussy Dave." Kacey said sitting up in bed.
"You the only one complaining ma." I joked and she smacked my arm.
"So how come you've been so busy?" She asked curiously.
"Shit at the trap."
"Like what?"
"C'mon Kacey." I said and she sighed. I always warn her not to question me about work.
"I just don't get why it gotta be a secret what you do. I already know you work for my father Dave."
"And that's more than enough for you to know. The less you know the better Kay." I tried to assure her.
"Let me guess... For my safety right?" She sighed. I chuckled and kissed her temple.
"I don't like secrets Dave and these are secrets."
"Nah it's just private." I told her.
"Whatever you say" she mumbled.
"So how did your mom's party turn out?"
"Why the sudden interest?"
"I just noticed I never asked."
"Well it was fun actually. I had some of my friends there with me too so we definitely got lit."
"How many friends you got to come like that?"
"Well Karin and all my girls were there. Melody,Britney,Corie minus Brianna she couldn't make it."
"That's like your usual squad. You said some of your friends I was thinking more people than that." I chuckled.
"But it was. Melody came with her brother-"
"Trigga?"
"Yeah he was there and I ended up  dropping him home since he's whip is in the garage."
"Why couldn't his sis drop him off?"
"She left really early because she wasn't feeling too well. I was talking to him when I decided to leave so he asked me to drop him off one time so I said okay." She shrugged. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grateful she told me without me trying too hard to get it out of her.
"I'm not gon pretend like that doesn't bug me in the slightest. You being in a vehicle with just Trigga." She sighed and grabbed her phone off the nightstand.
"You gotta trust me Dave. Believe me there was nothing but driving and talking in my vehicle. I dropped him off and that was it." she said while typing on her phone.
"Ight Kay if you say so then I trust you." I saod but most likely trying to convince myself. I wanted to believe something at the back of my mind was just telling me not to but what's done in the dark always comes to light. If something did happen then I'd find out in time, one way or another.

Vote and comment😉

Kacey had no business sleeping with that man😫
Y'all think Dave gon find out?🥴