Chapter 26 Nothing You Can Do

"Are you ready for your close up?" Lucy asked Chat Noir as he checked his hair in her body length mirror. He looked at her through the reflection. She sat at her desk, sitting in the chair, spun to face his direction. Her head rested against her fist as her elbow leaned on the dest edge. Her legs crossed with her top foot bouncing ever so slightly.

"Chat Noir is always ready for a closeup." He replied with a wink, making the girl across the room laugh and roll her eyes.

"I wonder what kind of stuff she's gonna ask you guys. I mean, the world knows practically nothing about you, so the possibilities are pretty limitless. It's prime time so you know they are gonna dig deep."

Chat smirked and walked over to the chair Lucy was sitting in. Placing both hands on the armrests, he hovered above her.

"Deep huh?"

"Oh yeah. Super deep. The questions people are just dying to know." She replied leaning back. "Like what's your favorite dinosaur?"

"I'm afraid that's much too personal."

Lucy gave him a toothy grin. "But what is it?"

"Velociraptor." He admitted. "Fast, smart, deadly. Just like me." Hearing Lucy's laugh at his answer was like music to his ears. "What's yours?"

"Brachiosaurus." She replied easily.

"The long neck ones that eat leaves?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"I don't know. The land before time maybe."

"Little foot was an Apatosaurus."

"Yeah, but there isn't a lot of difference between the two other than their appearance."

"Then why chose the one that isn't Little foot?"

"I like the head bump."

"Why?"

"I...I'm not sure really."

They both laughed and Chat glanced at the clock on her nightstand, standing up straight in a hurry. "I'm gonna be late." Lucy smiled and waved him off.

"Well, scram then!"

"I'm glad we had this chat, I think I'm much more prepared now that we've gone over possible sample questions. You'd make a great PR Manager, really."

"Good, I just wanted to make sure you were prepared. Don't ant you ging out there only to end up a....catastrophe."

"Wow, I am clearly rubbing off on you in the worst possible way."

Lucy stuck her tongue out at Chat, making him shake his head before climbing out her window. Grabbing her beloved, dark blue throw blanket, Lucy wandered out of her room and into the kitchen. Reaching into the white pained cabinet, she pulled out a bag of popcorn and tossed it into the microwave, scrolling through her phone as she waited for it to cook. She could hear the door unlock and her mother rush inside and drop her keys off on the counter.

"I almost thought you wouldn't make it," Lucy spoke, getting a wild wave from her mother.

"Yes, yes, yes, I know! Don't talk to me! I need to get comfy!" She said speed walking into her room, tossing her heels off in the process. Lucy laughed and grabbed the popcorn out of the microwave, tossing it into a large bowl, before melting some extra butter. When her mother emerged from her room, she no longer wore her blouse, pencil skirt, and heel, but instead an oversized blue t-shirt, and white cotton shorts, accompanied by some fuzzy black socks. Her own gray throw blanket in her hand as she made her way to the fridge to grab two sodas and bringing them to the couch with her. Lucy plopped on the couch next to her mother and grabbed the remote, turning on the tv and flipping to the show 'Face to Face'. Lucy had promised Chat she would watch the show, and her mother, when she had brought it up, was more than interested in the interview. Monica had no real knowledge of Lucy's friendship with the feline hero, as Lucy was a little uncertain about telling her. After all, that wasn't a normal friendship and of course, there was the fact that Chat snuck into her bedroom after hours. They never did anything scandalous of course, but she knew what it might look like. Still, what her mother did know, was that Lucy had had her fair share of Akuma encounters and that Ladybug and Chat Noir had been there to save the day every time. The older blonde woman couldn't help but be as interested in the heroes of Paris as everyone else.