Chapter 40 Traumatized Cool Kids Club

Hello all! And welcome to the last episode(s) of season 2! Coincidentally on the even number 40! Wow, 40 chapters. Pretty sure this is the longest book I've written so far. Anyway, I am excited for this chapter, which I will proooobably combine parts 1 and 2 of heroes day, just because I know a lot of it will shorten as a whole. Anyway, enjoy!

Lucy yawned and rubbed her face with her hands as she leaned against her homeroom desk. She had slept horribly last night. Confusing nightmares filled her mind, never letting her fall into the rested slumber she needed. Distress, anger, fear, Hawkmoth, red, war. Like flashes in her mind. She had hoped that if she were going to dream, it would be of her father again. Since Sandboy, Lucy had found herself in her father's office on two other occasions. She didn't understand why she was dreaming about him, especially at work. She had inquired about it to her father, who explained that his office is where she most connected his existence when she thought of him. It was kind of strange how easily her mind could answer its own question like that. Their "visits" were short and as he always was, remained rather cryptic when talking to her. Nonetheless, she looked forward to these dreams. At least then she got to spend some time with her dad again, even if only for a little while. However, the images that plagued her mind last night were nothing as pleasant and Lucy couldn't help but wonder what it all meant.

As the classroom settled Ms. Bustier opened up a skype call with Lila, who since her embarrassing encounter with Ladybug had been out of school. Apparently, her parents had decided to take an over sea's trip to the kingdom of Achu. Lila's parents worked in the Italian Embassy in Paris and their job required occasional diplomatic travel. The teacher inquired about her time in the kingdom of Achu, to which Lila bosted about how wonderful it all was as well as how Prince Ali, who had made a short visit to Paris a few months ago, had invited Lila and her parent to his palace.

"Excuse me, Lila, but Prince Ali couldn't possibly have invited you because he is in the United States." Marinette pointed out with her phone, attempting to catch Lila in her lie. Lila easily laughs off Marinette's objection.

"I never said he was actually there, Marinette. I just said he invited us, that's all. His parents organized the visit."

Of course, knowing Lila's need to story tell, Lucy was skeptical with her words. She had figured Lila had to at least be honest about her location, after all, what parents wouldn't notice their child missing weeks of school on end? However Lucy also knew that Lila was a crafty liar, and if her parents were as busy as it seemed they would be, perhaps she might just have the means to get away with it. The overkill of the lie really set in when Lila told the class her heroes day deed was to propose a pollution reduction treaty with the help of Prince Ali. Lucy couldn't understand why Lila needed everyone to like her so badly. Sure, she wasn't a superhero, but most people aren't. What happened to her to make her so afraid of anyone seeing her? There are worse things than being invisible. Lucy closed her eyes and took a breath. The last thing she needed was that man's voice in her head.

"Well, it isn't going to be easy living up to Lila's standards but let's not forget that we can all be heroes for this one day. We may not have Prince Ali as a friend but..." Ms. Bustier was interrupted by principal Damocles in his Owl hero costume, beaming with enthusiasm as he pulls up an image of Ladybug, Chat Noir, Rena Rouge, Carapace, Tigress, Queen bee, and of course, himself.

"We do have imagination. Hoo! Hoo! This year, Ladybug and Cat Noir have been our heroes, protecting us from the terrible Hawk Moth. They've shown us that heroism is beyond comic books and fairy tales. Heroism is real, and it is up to you to show us how Ladybug and Cat Noir brought out the best in all of us. By being everyday heroes!"

"So what heroic deeds have you all planned? Nino?" Ms. Bustier asked.

"I gotta admit, I've never used to do anything for anyone before, but Ladybug and Cat Noir have shown me what being cool is really about. So this year, I'm going to visit the elderly residents at the local retirement home and play them all their favorite songs." Nino told everyone as they all gave him small applause