Chapter 60 Across Time and Space

I finally took the time to go through the episodes of season 4 and do a breakdown of what order I plan to put them in and why. I am hoping that it will eventually make writing easier. With that being said I now know the order of events that will lead up to the final and I am both excited and nervous because you never know how people will feel about an ending, ya know?

Also, I feel like I should mention this to help avoid confusion. As mentioned in the previous chapter, Ladybug and Chat noir are hiding in their civilian forms as Marinette and Adrien to avoid drawing too much attention. Normally I switch from referring to their hero and civilian names depending on which form they are in but in this case that won't be so.

Their thought and dialogue will be written addressing them by their civilian names when they are apart but when they are together, it will change back to their hero names. The reason for this is just to keep the friendly reminder that although they are still in civilian form, Adrien and Marinette don't know each others identities due to their "disguises" so from their perspectives, Marinette isn't talking to Adrien, she is talking to Chat and Adrien isn't talking to Marinette, he is talking to Ladybug. Understand? I hope so.

This chapter itself, took me a long time because as I mentioned, I went off episode with it and it took me a bit to really find a way to piece it together in a way that made sense. I tried hard to avoid plot holes but in all honesty if there isn't a few plot holes is it even Miraculous? I hope you enjoy!

OoOoOoOoO

Things get bad for all of us, almost continually, and what we do under the constant stress reveals who/what we are.

The next morning, Adrien awoke almost confused. For just a moment, he had forgotten the previous day's events and wondered how he ended up in a spare room rather than his own. Realization flooded over him as he woke more and the memory of the previous day crashed back into the front of his mind. Right. This wasn't his home. Quickly dressing, Adrien gathered his things and went for the nearby window only to hear the muffled voice of Nathalie in the distance calling his name, or he supposed....her name. Curious as that cat he was, Adrien peeked out the door and into the hall spotting Nathalie at the other end of it knocking on what would be his bedroom.

"Adrian, your father is already at the table. Are you almost ready?" The door opened and Adrian smiled at her father's assistant.

"Now I am." She answered, closing the door behind her before heading with Nathalie down the hall towards the stairway.

Against his better judgment, Adrien found himself slowly creeping down the hall after them. He couldn't help himself. He wanted to know if his father was different in this world. He didn't know what he would do with the information, but he needed it. Much like his own home, the walls in this Agreste house had many memorabilia of his mother on the walls. The large portrait of him and his father that hung in the main hall was replaced with that of his father and female counterpart. This seemed like another prime example of how this universe's Adrian differed from himself.

He remembered the day that portrait was taken. It was not long after his mother was pronounced dead. The grief had made it impossible for Adrien to fake a smile for even a moment. The female version of himself seemed to be better at holding in her outward emotions, much like their father. Like the eldest Agreste, Adrian looked more serious than sad as far as facial features go. Determined might even be a better description for the way she held her chin up. The tightness of her jaw seemed to indicate that she had been clenching. Unlike his slouched posture, hers stood upright as if she was taking a photo for military duty.