Chapter 46 Muscle Memory

Alright guys, here we go. I present to you the awaited chapter, Oblivio. I hope you are ready for fluff and angst because that is all this is at this point. The first image is something I made back when I first started the story and the second image a made a few days ago. It is interesting to see the change but both represent two specific moments in the chapter, Im sure you'll know when you read them.

"I'm not a fan of this by the way," Lucy said waving her hand in a circular motion in front of her, gesturing at Adrien's phone that was currently recording. The two teenagers sat together in the school music room at the piano near the center of the room. For the past several months, Adrien had been giving Lucy small piano lessons when they both had free time after school. Due to Adrien's busy schedule and his father's dislike for guests, the two found it a way to spend what little time they could together in a somewhat productive manner. After all, Lucy had wanted to learn.

"It's to record your progress," Adrien explained with a smile. "You'll be able to see how far you've come from the first time and continue to do so each time after that." Adrien didn't record every time they practiced piano, but he did make a point to the first time and now that she would be attempting a full song, it felt more than appropriate to do so again.

Lucy cringed at the thought. "Yeah, rewatching myself learn piano...can't wait to not do that." Adrien let out a small chuckle and rolled his eyes.

"You might think so now, but I think it is important to be able look back and see how far we've come. From anything really." Lucy smirked and nudged him with her elbow.

"Look at you getting all-wise."

"Yeah I guess you're rubbing off on me, now come on," He told her. "You brought the sheet music for the song you wanna play?" Lucy nodded and pulled the paper out of her bag, stacking them on the ledge made to hold them. She got her fingers in place and let out a small shaky breath.

"Gah, I'm nervous." She admitted with a smile. "Why am I nervous?" Adrien smiled back and shrugged his shoulders.

"I have no idea, but you have no reason to be. It's just the two of us. I'll pick up anywhere you seem to struggle and we'll harmonize. You got this." He encouraged and with one last outward breath, Lucy carefully began to hit the keys.

A, E , G, D Dm, A,
B7 , E7, A

Although slow at first, Lucy had practiced these chords on more than one occasion at home on the small electric piano she had purchased. It soon began to feel as all her hard work had begun to pay off as Adrien fell into a synchronized key on the other end. She cleared her throat quietly singing the song lyrics.

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When it came to singing, Lucy wasn't terrible. She was no 'X Factor star nor did she ever plan on auditioning for 'Paris' Got Talent' but she could hold a soft slow tune so long as there weren't too many high notes. Adrien glances over to Lucy, enjoying her soft melodic voice as he carefully keeps her pace.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear'
And there is no one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love...

Seafoam Green eyes shoot open as the iris adjusts to the newfound light. Where was she? Looking around what seemed to be a stairwell, Lucy groaned as her head seemed to palpitate. Something felt off. She tried to remember why she was in a stairwell, or better yet what stairwell she was in but the more she tried to remember the less she realized she knew.