Chapter 68 Back To You

Hi all! It is Feb 4th and I am hoping I can get this chapter out this weekend, and immediately start working on the next so that it will be out in time for valentine's day. Fun news about me, my boyfriend and I just bought a house! Now, what that means for this story is my updating might get even more infrequent than it already is. Only because I work Monday-Friday and then most of the weekends will be dedicated to renovating my house. I'll do my best to keep up with it, but if in the next few weeks, you're like man, why isn't this updating? It's probably because I have a lot on my plate. Just a warning.

Also! This chapter focuses primarily on Luka and Marinette, Jagged and Anarka, and Jagged and Juleka. I aiming for your feels, so hopefully I succeed.

Breakups typically were never fun for either party involved. No matter the circumstance. You could both agree it is for the best and still both will be sad it came to that, or you could realize the person your dating isn't one for you and hate that it came to that too. Either way, it's hard. Luka and Marinette's breakup wounded them both, and although assuming things would just automatically go back to normal again would be foolish, Luka couldn't help but wish for just that.

Marinette hadn't spoken to him since she ended their relationship. She had popped by the house boat a few times when their friends came as a group but each time, she had managed to avoid him entirely. At first, it didn't both him much. Luka knew Marinette, and he knew how much of an over thinker she could be, thus he let it go assuming with a little time she would gradually feel comfortable around him again. However, instead, she seemed to stop coming around all together.

He and the rest of Kitty Selection finished their last set when he scanned the group for Marinette much like he had the past few times they all came around only to see she once again was not among them.

"Marinette hasn't come around here for a while. Is she okay?" He asked. A part of him hoped that someone would have some type of explanation for it all. That maybe she just was out of town, or sick.

"Oh, yeah!" Alya answered nervously. "Yeah! She's fine. It's just that she... she... she's got a lot of stuff going on." Luka frowned at Alya's poor attempt at a lie.

"You can be honest with me, you know? She's stopped showing up because she knows I'm in love with her, right?"

It seemed like the only logical explanation. When he had told her that he would be waiting for her when she was ready, he had meant it to be endearing. To say that, while she took care of whatever it was, she needed to take care of, he wasn't going anywhere. Perhaps that wasn't what Marinette had wanted. Maybe she had no plan to get back together with him at any point in time. Maybe...she just didn't love him to the magnitude that he loved her. She knew that, and now planned to simply never see him again.

"Of course not, Luka!" Rose tried to explain. "Marinette stopped coming because the rehearsals are the exact same time as her Aqua Pony classes with Pom-pony, her favorite pony! Pom-pony is so cute, with his golden mane that's so brush-able, but he's also super sensitive and every time Marinette misses Aqua Pony, Pom-pony gets depressed!" She then pouts.

Lucy sighed and brought her hand to her forehead while Luka looked at Rose, unimpressed with her excuse. "I get it Rose, thanks." He said blandly before heading down to his room.

"Wow, Rose." Alya deadpans with a slow calp.

"I know, but we couldn't tell him that Marinette is too embarrassed to see him. It would have broken his heart! We've gotta find a way to patch things up between them so they can see each other and be buddies again! We can all be buddies, right? Oh, I know! Luka could go to Aqua Pony class with Marinette!"