Chapter 31 Rock the Boat

It's what a lot of you have been waiting for. THE RISE OF LUKA! As I sometimes do, l tried to make a photo to go with this chapter. It sucks because I don't have a drawing pad so I have to use a mouse to make these and sometimes they come out real nice and other times they look...eh ok. This is definitely and eh, ok one. Anyway! On to the story!

Lucy, Talia, Marinette, Alya, Rose, Julika, Ivan, and Mylene were setting up Julika's houseboat for the concert they would be putting on for the music festival happening in Paris. Several big names would be playing in different locations around the city as well as gigs performed by smaller bands in between. Rose, Julika, and Ivan were all part of a band named Kitty Section. Lucy had thought it was an interesting choice in name but then again there are bands out there called 'Bowling for soup', 'Crispy Ambulance', 'Hoobastank', and 'Rage against the Machine" as well as a ton of others. So all in all, Kitty Selection really wasn't all that strange. Looking around, Lucy nudged Talia as she moved some boxes out of the way.

"Hey, where is Luka?" She asked earning a shrug from her dark-haired friend.

"Probably in his room. I mean it's a boat Lucy, there are only so many places a person can be."

Lucy rolled her eyes and walked toward the steps that lead to the rooms below deck as Talia called out to her.

"My little cousin isn't your rebound Lucy!" The blonde didn't look back at her but instead lifted her hand to give Talia the finger from over her shoulder as she descended the stairs. Knocking on Luka's door she waited to be invited in before opening it and giving Luka a small smile which he returned. "Hey, you." She greeted.

Since discovering Julika is one of Lucy's friends, Talia had taken it upon herself to drag Lucy along the past few times she has visited. In that time Lucy got to know Julika a little better, as well as Rose who happened to be around as a well a majority of the time. She naturally also met Julika's older brother Luka. Luka was younger than Talia but older than Julika and Lucy. Anarka, Luka, and Julika's mother was a very firm believer in personal freedom. Rules were minimal in her household and her children were given a lot of freedom in how they spent their time. Julika goes to public school because she wants to. She and Rose met when they were little and Julika had asked to be placed in school so she could spend more time with her friend. Anarka had to explain to Julika that public school would be different from homeschool. There would be rules she would have to follow that her mother could not do anything about. Julika had agreed and has gone to public school with Rose ever since. Luka had been different. It wasn't that he hated rules and couldn't deal with them, in fact as a whole he was a very level-headed person. Homeschool was just what he was used to. He also didn't have any specific need to join public school as Julika had with Rose. He made friends just fine without being in a classroom. However, Luka could admit that for a sense of schedule, perhaps going to school would make it so he could see them more. As of lately, it was something he had been considering more and more.

"Hello, Lucy." He greeted back, sitting in a meditational pose. "It's been a while."

Lucy plopped down next to Luka and laid back on his bed. "That it has. You excited about the concert?" He gave her a small nod.

"It will be fun to finally try and put our music out there." Lucy gave a silent nod and closed her eyes. Luka looked down at her and frowned. "Something is bothering you." Lucy let out a deep breath from her nose and peeked up at Luka.

"Yeah, Kinda. Not as much as it was but... it's been a rough couple of weeks."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Nah," Lucy said with a small shake of her head. "I appreciate the offer but, talking about it makes me sad and I don't really feel like being sad today."