Chapter 50 Inevitable Change

You know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change, but pretty soon...everything's different. Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions. You change direction but the sandstorm chases you. You turn again, but the storm adjusts. Over and over you play this out, like some ominous dance with death just before dawn. Why?

"And now my GPA has dropped a whole point," Aurore told Lucy sadly as they exited the school. As it turns out, having a part-time job on TV made keeping up with grades a little difficult.

"Well, if you want some-"

"That's terrible! You hear that, Chloé? Aurore's GPA dropped a whole point on her last report card!" Sabrina called out while cutting off Lucy.

"Well, you can't be Little Miss Weather girl and Little Miss Good Grades at the same time!" Chloe remarked. "We better not make her cry, Sabrina, or she might turn into Stormy Weather and start raining on us. What a ridiculous power! Utterly ridiculous!"

"Chloe, stop being a twat." Lucy scolds, earning a glare from Chloe.

"Aurore won't be transforming," Marinette said, stepping to the other side of Aurore. "because her grade average will be up again next term." She then turns to the taller girl. "Don't hesitate to ask if you need any help." Aurore thanks her but Chloe simply scoffs.

"Yeah, right. Once a villain, always a villain!"

Lucy squints at Chloe. "You do see how much of a hypocrite you are being right now right? Chloe, you've been akumatized twice yourself in the past year." (I do find this dialog interesting on both Marinette and Chloe's sides. In this episode by this point, Chloe has been akumatized twice, but she was also given the opportunity to be Queen Bee. Thus, Chloe doing the whole, once a villain, always a villain line, as well as Marinette poking that Chloe hasn't changed for the better both contradict one another, at least at this point in time. My episodes are in a pretty funky order as I have mentioned before due to the fact that I was at first following one wiki page, then changed to the miraculous fan wiki. I also began following the episode in production order rather than in aired order. With that being said this chapter, for dialog purposes technically should have come before Miracular when Chloe was told she could no longer be Queen Bee. Even so, Ladybug took away her miraculous because her identity being exposed made her a target, not because she didn't make a good hero. However, I will adjust as needed. Regardless it was still odd things for Chloe and Marinette to say to one another.)

"Yeah Chloe, unlike you some people do actually change for the better," Marinette added.

Lucy tilted her head from side to side. "Well, I mean that's not really fair-"

"Once again, Lucy was cut off, this time by Chloe. "Well, you will never change, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. You'll always be Adri-dumb...I mean, Adri-bummed abababababa lame!" Chloe then turns and points to Alya, who had come over along with Nino at the sound of commotion. "And you, Alya Cesaire. You still haven't found out who Ladybug is, right? Well, you two are made for each other! You're both just as clueless as the other. Back to you, now-" Chloe says bringing her attention back to where Aurore was standing, only to find the spot empty. Looking around and stomped her foot as she sees the girl get into a car and drive off.

"Huh! She's gone now because of you two. And I wasn't even halfway done trashing her." Chloe then turns and walks off, calling Sabrina to follow, leaving Lucy, Marinette, Nino, and Alya watching her go.

"Two steps forward, five steps back with that one, eh," Lucy comments walking away from the group. Alya and Nino laugh while Marinette glares after Chloe.