Chapter 22 Its The Model In Him

Lucy stood with Adrien and Nino in the TV studio while waiting for Nino to take his turn as a contestant on a new show. Looking down at her phone, Lucy frowned a bit. Marinette was supposed to have been joining them but had yet to show. The show host, Alec, called Nino up to the DJ station and said that his task was to get the mayor to dance.

"What's wrong?" Adrien asked, noticing Lucy's expression. The girl shook her head and sighed.

"Marinette was supposed to be here too. I wonder what happened to her."

Adrien placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder, giving her a small smile. "I'm sure she has a good reason. Marinette isn't the type to leave people hanging for nothing."

Lucy nodded and glanced in Adrien's direction only to do a double-take as she noticed a tall brunette man in a purple jacket standing beside them. Adrien and Lucy gave the man a small wave who in return went in for a handshake, only to be stopped by Adrien's bodyguard. Adrien of course had to stop the gorilla of a man from tossing the guy across the room. Lucy swore that bodyguard took his job a little too seriously sometimes. As it turned out, Nino was able to succeed in getting the mayor to move to the groove and was given a spot in next week's episode. The tall man, who it turns out was another contestant and supposed hypnotist took the stage. Lucy watched as the poor guy could hardly get a word in as the host did his job to make the whole thing seem more exciting than it actually was. Pity overwhelmed Lucy as she watched Adrien's father come on screen, knowing this would not go well for the poor hypnotist. Adrien seemed to know it as well, and with the snap of a finger Mr. Agreste shut down the audition before it could even start, automatically disqualifying the man.

"Well, that's shit."

"That's my dad alright."

As the guy was escorted out of the studio, Lucy crossed her arms and shook her head that the host.

"Come on Lucy, let's get out of here," Nino spoke. Suddenly the doors busted back open in waltzed a man in a green and purple suit and hat.

"Simon says the show is not over!" He shouted, earning a groan from Lucy. Why was she even surprised anymore?

Just like that, Simon threw out his cards, making the host act like a duck and Adrien's bodyguard like a gorilla. How ironic. Lucy, Adrien, and Nino ducked out of the way as gorilla man ran by them. When Lucy and Nino peeked from behind a sound case, Adrien was nowhere in sight.

"Where did Adrien go?!" Lucy quickly pulled Nino back down and shushed him.

"I'm sure he's fine, for now, we gotta stay down and quiet."

Nino gave a small gasp and pointed upward. Lucy followed his finger to find Chat Noir perched on a beam above the stage as Simon spoke into the camera about how he planned to bring Gabriel Agreste to the station and put him under his control. Chat Noir put a finger to his lips and pounced on Simon who managed to knock him off and get the gorilla to attack him. With gorilla and Chat fighting in the hall, Simon made his leave to find Gabriel, leaving Nino and Lucy alone in the studio. It did not take long for Ladybug to arrive, asking if they were alright.

"We're fine, but my boy Adrien's still here somewhere!" Nino explained, worried for his friend.

"We got separated in the Chaos," Lucy added. Ladybug gave them a reassuring smile, telling them they would find their friend.

Once in the hall, the three arrived just in time to watch Chat cataclysm the elevator, sending the gorilla down. Still on high alert, Chat flipped back, grabbing his staff and twirling it around before aiming it at the three before realizing who they were.