Chapter 21 Workin Hard or Hardly Workin?

Lucy stood behind the reception counter with Chloe and Adrien. Today the class were all at Chloe's fathers' hotel, getting a feel for what it is like to have a job. Each of the students assigned different areas and tasks to complete. Lucy had been given the grand job title of 'bellhop' which is the person who, when a guest arrives, collects the guests' baggage and helps bring it to their room. Being that no guests were wandering in at that very moment, Lucy stood with her two peers who were acting as check-in reception. Lucy smirked at Adrien who stood uncomfortably in Chloe's arms as she clung to him the way she always does when the poor boy was at arm's length. When Mr. Bourgeois realized that Alya and Marinette were not on his list of names, Chloe quickly called out to him, handing her father a piece of paper that gave Alya the job of trash duty. However, before he could give Marinette her job title a guest arrived. That guest being none other than Jagged Stone. Several students, including Chloe and Adrien, watched star-struck as their favorite rock artist walked into the main lobby. His pet gator and assistant close behind, along with two carts full of luggage. Lucy almost went to do her job but the two men who actually worked there seemed to have it covered. Mr. Bourgeois walked over to address the man, telling him that this was a hotel, not a zoo. Chloe of course came to her father's rescue and quickly informed her father that Jagged Stone was a rich rock star which quickly changed the Mayor's tune.

While Mr. Stone and the mayor spoke, Adrien nudged Lucy, grabbing her attention. He made eyes across the lobby, pointing out the photographer that had snuck in. Jagged's gator quickly brought the man out of hiding and the rock star, who to be honest already looked like he was in a mood, gave out an annoyed sigh. The photographer, a young blonde man with pink tips, was clearly a big fan judging from his Jagged Stone t-shirt. He quickly swung his arm around the star, asking for a photo to show that they were friends. Jagged explained that they were no such thing and his assistant quickly stepped in and grabbed the camera and tossing the guy out.

"I almost feel bad for the guy," Lucy said as she leaned on the counter. Adrien stood beside her and nodded.

"Me too, but at the same time, I get where Mr. Stone is coming from. I have fans approach me sometimes too for photos and such. I appreciate that they are a fan, but I don't always feel comfortable taking photos with strangers all the time ya know?"

Lucy gave Adrien a lazy smile. "Right. I sometimes forget you're a big shot model."

Scratching the back of his neck, Adrien chuckled. "Yeah, well I wish other people would sometimes."

For a while, Lucy's job was rather boring. She helped a few guests check-in and out with their bags but the hotel didn't have an endless stream of visitors. Probably due to it being so expensive. In between, Lucy simply hung out upfront with Chloe and Adrien. Sort of. Chloe, of course, needed to have Adrien's full attention and did everything she could to have it. Lucy didn't mind much. Watching the two interact was entertaining enough on its own. The number of looks Adrien shot her in response to something Chloe had said just tickled her funny bone. It wasn't until Marinette came running past them and out the door that Lucy really needed to give an eye roll, as Chloe mocked her friend. Moments later, a man strolled into the lobby, walking past the three students. Immediately, Lucy could see that this man was either a strange cosplayer or Akumatized. He wore a blue and black bodysuit that gave Lucy a digital vibe, and his helmet was similar to a camera lens. Against her better judgment, Lucy walked up to the man and called out in an attempt to get his attention.

"Um, excuse me. Sir?"

As the man ignored her, she could hear Chloe tell Adrien to watch and learn, walking up beside Lucy and calling out herself.

"Excuse me... Excuse me! You can't be a guest at this hotel! My father only allows the most important celebrities. Like me."

Lucy gives Chloe a deadpan look as the man then turns around.