Chapter 62 Birds of a Feather

Hello all, me again, hopefully back with another reasonably spaced update! I just want to apologize ahead of time. I had no right making Lucy so ridiculously hot.

OoOoOoOoO

The book pages Fu had copied from the old spell book were spread around Marinette's room in an abundantly disorganized fashion. She had been trying to find time since she had become guardian to go over and hopefully decipher the text only to find herself at endless dead ends. Through context clues in the imagery in the pages, she discovered that there might be a spell that could help stop ShadowMoth from being able to akumatize people. The problem was the ingredients were all in code. Much like Fu had when he was trying to figure out the correct spell to let her and Chat Noir upgrade their Kwamis, Marinette found her only way to go about figuring out the code was through trial and error. Some of the ingredients seemed relatively obvious, while others...less so. That was why she currently stood in her Ladybug form looking somewhat insane with her safety goggles, bathrobe and a towel wrapped around her head. Alya stood watching her friend mix and sprinkle with her arms crossed and a small look of concern on her features. It was clear this was what Marinette had been spending almost all her free time doing.

"Sure, it's amazing being Ladybug," Marinette explained. "I've got these powers, kwamis, but can you imagine I could've prevented ShadowMoth from creating villains in the first place? Ha! He'd be ruined! Have you noticed that ShadowMoth seems to reakumatize people much more often these days?" She asks, pointing out the numerous pictures of civilians on her corkboard, all of them having a certain number of star stickers on a sticky note next to their photo indicating the number of times they had been akumatized. "Do you know why? Because he gets to know them and figures out how to manipulate them better!"

Alya tapped her chin in thought. "You're right. I was akumatized four times as LadyWifi because I was obsessed with you! I knew you were hiding something from me and it drove me crazy."

"I had to keep it a secret," Ladybug says, continuing to mix her potion.

"I know girl. But now that I know the truth, I've got your back!" Alya's eyes skim the board stopping on Xavier Ramier. "What? Mr. Pigeon has already been akumatized 71 times?!"

Ladybug sighs. "He's just a harmless guy trying to take care of his pigeons. It's so not fair! I'd promised him I'd find a way to keep him safe from ShadowMoth, but I just can't figure it out." She groans in frustration as she skims another page. "I don't understand a thing in this spellbook!"

"Master Fu didn't understand much in it either," Wayzz spoke, floating over to Marinette. "but he was able to do it with proper time and rest!"

"Oh! Hold that thought Wayzz," Ladybug says, grabbing some pepper. "I think this is it!" She sprinkles some pepper into the pot only for it to result in a small, somewhat harmless explosion. She shakes her head, getting up from the floor after being knocked down by the blast. "Ugh, I was sure that "spicy little rock" would be pepper." She says, immediately going back to work.

Trixx floats over to Alya mildly distressed. "Alya, help us reason with her, please!"

"Marinette, how long have you been working on this?"

"I dunno, six-seven days, maybe ten." She mumbles casually. "Now that we're on spring break, I finally have time to put my whole heart into it!"

Alya takes a peek around the room, noticing her real sewing Machine and fabrics sitting stored away in the corner of the room. "When was the last time you worked on one of your own designs?"

"I do loads of designing! Look!" She insists, pointing to the contraption at her door. "I designed a security system so that nobody can enter my room when I'm not in it. And if I put on this hat," She places a large sombrero-sized hat with headphones running through to two antennas at the top of her head. "I hear everything that's going on in here, even when I'm out of the room."