Chapter 23 Liar Liar

Lucy was leaning against the second-floor railing at school, scrolling through her phone when Adrien approached her. He slid next to casually while facing the opposite direction, his forearms held his body weight on the railing as he glanced around slowly before letting his eyes rest on Lucy. The girl, feeling his gaze looked up to meet his eyes, raising a brow at him.

"You alright Adrien?" She asked.

Adrien lifted up his bag and held it against his chest. "Wanna see something cool?"

Lucy's eyes dropped from Adrien to his bag, and then back up again.

"You have my attention."

Before he could utter another word, a girl pushed her way between them, making both teens stumble back.

"Excuse you," Lucy said annoyed. The girl was tan with long brown hair, her thin frame turned to Lucy with an apologetic smile on her face that didn't reach her dark green, eyes.

"So sorry about that." The girl spoke. "I've been introducing myself to people all morning, and when I saw two more new faces I just rushed over and lost my balance. My name is Lila! It's so nice to meet you! Her cheery tone took Lucy a bit by surprise, she had half expected the girl to snub her as some girls tended to do when they came around Adrien while she was also present.

"Uh, it's fine. Lucy." She introduced herself with a small head nod.

"And I'm-"

"Adrien Agreste." Lila finished. "It's hard not to know who you are. Your face is plastered all over Paris."

Adrien chuckled a little and rubbed the back of his neck a little embarrassed. It had been a while since anyone at school had even brought up his modeling or social status.

"So, I was wondering. Since I just transferred, I'm a little behind and was wondering if you could help me with my history homework while we have a free period?" Lila asked sweetly, taking Adrien by the hand and pulling him toward the Library. Lucy squinted at the interaction, resting her hand on her hip.

"Uh..eh, yeah...sure, uh Lucy?" Adrien sputtered out, looking to his friend for help as he was dragged away. Lila looked away from Adrien to Lucy and gave a small, tight smile before nodding her head as if giving Lucy permission to follow them. Lucy clicked her tongue and debated whether or not she should tag along, but the plea in Adrien's eyes made the decision for her as her feet began to move in the direction of the Library. They found a table and Lila excused herself for a moment to go get her book, leaving Lucy and Adrien alone. Lucy sighed and pulled out her own book as Adrien drummed his fingers on the desk. He glanced around once more before leaning over toward Lucy and reaching into his bag.

"Remember that cool thing I mentioned?" He whispered. Lucy nodded silently and watched Adrien pull out an old book and slide it in her direction. He opened the book and pointed down at the page. Lucy leaned in and saw Adrien was pointing at a photo of Hawkmoth.

"Where did you get this?" Lucy asked as she looked back up to Adrien. Before he could say anymore, Lila returned, and Adrien did his best to casually cover the book.

"Now we can get going on our history homework. It's so much more fun doing it together, don't you think?" She asked but quickly noticed the book under Adrien's arm. Lila snatched the book toward herself. "What's that?"

"Oh, uh, nothing! Just a book of superheroes." Adrien explained.

Lila reached out and placed her hand on Adrien's. "I love superheroes."

Lucy watched the exchange and sighed, resting her cheek against her palm ash she leaned against the table. She wasn't really surprised that Lila was making moves on her blonde friend, after all, it happened all the time. Lucy couldn't help but notice anytime she was in a public setting with Adrien, there was always at least one stranger who would come up to him. If it was a female, they would casually ask if Lucy was his girlfriend or worse, his sister, and when their relationship status was cleared up, the female would do their best to flirt with Adrien in hopes to earn his attention. As annoying as it was, Lucy understood it wasn't Adrien's fault. So she would stand by and watch as the model boy politely declined their advances, while still giving in to a photo once in a while. This time was no different. While Lila brought her attention back to the book, Adrien looked at Lucy with his lips sucked into his mouth. Lucy smirked and made a heart motion with her fingers to with he responded with a soft glare.