Chapter 6 The Worst Day pt 1

So, this is where I change the story up a bit. I want to keep most of the things the same in this story as in the show but for the direction I wish to go this change must be made. I'll talk about it more at the end of the chapter, but I'm sure you all will see what change I am referring to easily.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy had come to realize that Nino called to her as 'Lucy Goosey', rather often. He did it in a number of settings, around a number of people. With that being said, Lucy could not help but doubt her suspicion of Adrien being Cat Noir a little. The boy had similar looks. Blonde hair, green eyes, light skin, tall. But those are not details that stood out against any other tall blonde boy with green eyes. His personality was also very different from the Cat Noir she had grown to know. Adrien was much more reserved and some what shy, while Cat Noir was bold and flirtatious. Lucy thought back to the conversation they had had, were Cat admitted he liked being Cat Noir because he could be different from his normal self. It was with this in mind Lucy decided that, although she was not entirely convinced Adrien was in no way the Cat like super hero, the basic common things they shared were not enough to convince her he definitely was. For now, she would do her best to remember to keep an eye on him.

"So Lucy, are you going to Alix vs Kim race This weekend?" Alya asked as she and Marinette walked beside her after school. The other day a girl named Alix and a boy named Kim in their class made a race bet against each other and in five days time, they would face off against one another.

"That's the plan. I can't wait to see Alix's leave him in the dust." Lucy joked. "I don't even understand what Kim was thinking. Feet simply don't beat wheels."

"Honestly, I don't care, all I know is that after tomorrow, no one will have to worry about anymore of Kim's stupid dares. You know to bring the banner right Marinette?" Alya asked looking at her pig tailed friend who nodded and smiled.

"Of course! I just need to finish it up tonight and it will be all ready for tomorrow."

Lucy parted with the girls and slowly made her way to her apartment. When she got there, Lucy was surprised to find her mom already home.

"Hey mom," She greeted. "What are you doing home so soon?"

Not getting a response, Lucy put her bag down on the kitchen counter as she approached the living room where her mom sat. Her mother remained silent and still on the living room couch causing Lucy to frown. Touching her mothers shoulder, Lucy felt her jump slightly at the contact, as if she had not heard her daughter come in. Monica's eyes were bloodshot and her makeup a little smeared, he complexion was blotchy and it was now Lucy could see she had been crying.

"Mom? Whats wrong?!" She asked concerned. Monica looked at her and Lucy watched as her eyes watered again.

"Whats wrong? Did something happen at work?" Lucy inquired, trying to get her mother to explain. Her mother sniffed and wiped her tears.

"I'm sorry Sweetheart. I thought I would have composed myself by the time you got home."

"Forget about that mom, what is wrong?" Lucy asked again. How could her mother apologize for being upset?

Lucy's mother took her hand and squeezed it as she began bouncing her leg on the ground. Whatever information she was about to share was clearly making her anxious at the thought of telling Lucy herself.

"Mom," Lucy said once again. "What-"

"Its your dad." Monica let out another sob and placed her face in her free hand.

"Mom your scaring me, what happend to dad?"

"He was shot Lu Lu." Her mom choked out. "He was out in the field and was shot. He died Lucy."