Chapter 67 Couple of the Year

So this chapter is pretty long. A lot of dialogue. It took me a while because I really just want to skip to all the good stuff but as always, this story needs to keep its steady pace. Due to that, it took me a bit to et this out and a good portion of it is just pure laughs. But as always, the tears you may shed, might not only come from laughter. After all, it's me.

Ah, tabloids. How entertaining they could be. Always claiming to have the know of celebrity's inner lives and deepest secrets. What was this week's hot topic you ask? Why, Ladybug and Chat Noir of course. But the cover of Paris's most popular magazine wasn't covering just any old topic revolving around the pair. Oh no. This cover was announcing Ladybug and Chat Noir's newest and completely unintentional achievement. Paris's very own couple of the year!

Lucy chuckled to herself as she flipped through the pages of the magazine. The article included a handful of photos of the pair in out of context situations. It was cheesy, and exactly what she would expect from a writer that claimed to have an inside source.

"What are you reading Lucy?" Alya asked as she and Nino approached her. She currently sat crisscross on the concrete half wall the lined the stairway that led to the school entrance while waiting for Adrien to finish talking to his fencing instructor.

"Just a magazine." She answered. "What are you two doing here still? I thought you would have gone home by now?"

"We were doing so research in the library for a project." Nino told her as Alya took the magazine from Lucy's hands.

"I was reading that." Lucy pouted, crossing her arms.

"Hey Alya!" Marinette called, jogging up the steps. "I got your text, are you ready to-?"

"Ladybug and Chat Noir couple of the year?!" Alya read aloud with raised brows, while Nino peaked at the article from beside her.

"WHAT?!" Marinette shouted snatching the magazine from Alya and scanning through the article herself.

"You have got to be kidding me! Ladybug and Chat Noir are not a couple!" She seethed.

Lucy raised a brow at her. "You really don't like that ship huh?"

"What Ship?" Adrien's voice alerted his friends of his presence.

"Chat Noir and Ladybug," Lucy answered. "They were named Paris's couple of the year."

"Seriously?" Adrien asked in surprise. "But they aren't- I mean... I didn't think they were together...like that."

"Because they aren't!" Marinette fumed, tossing the magazine back to Alya who rolled her eyes.

"They even mentioned you a bit in this Lucy." Alya commented, pointing out the small image of her on the bottom right corner of the left page to the two boys reading from over her shoulder.

It was Lucy's turn to roll her eyes. "Yeah, I know. Just a friendly reminder to everyone that there was a point in time that people thought we were in some kind of weird thruple."

"Good grief." Marinette muttered, crossing her arms. "What a load of crap."

"Maybe." Lucy said with a lazy shrug, making Adrien's eyes shoot over to her.

"Wait, do you really think Ladybug and Chat Noir are dating?"

The blonde girl gave another shrug. "Not really, but who knows?"

The group of teens gave Lucy a raised look. "If anyone would know, don't you think it would be you, Lucy? Alya asked. Lucy squinted at them.

"Uh, no?"