Chapter 15 Its Better This Way

Lucy stood while leaning on her right hip with her arms crossed as she watched her peers in line for Jagged stone. Unfamiliar with the star, Lucy couldn't help but feel unimpressed by the whole thing. Seeing someone stand beside her out of her peripheral vision, Lucy looked to her left to find Marinette watching equally annoyed. When Alya walked towards them with her CD in hand, Marinette tapped her foot.

"Huh, got an autograph."

Alya smiled at her sheepishly and apologized claiming she couldn't help herself but that she snagged Marinette one too. Temptation coursed through her but Marinette remained strong willed and refused. Looking past the her two friends, Lucy raised an eyebrow and excused herself and began walking towards a pillar behind them. Peeking around and leaning against the marble surface, Lucy crossed her arms once more.

"Whatcha doooin?" She asked startling Chloe and Sabrina. The red head quickly hid her hand behind her back with a worried expression while Chloe glared at Lucy with her hands on her hips.

"None of your business!"

Lucy smiled at the blue eyes blonde lightly. "Something tells me it isn't any of yours either. Just for the record, the weather today is partly suspicious with chances of betrayal. It is the Ides of March after all."

"Never knew you were a believer in stupid superstition." Chloe sneered.

"I'm believer in Karma. You might know a little bit about that, wouldn't you Sabrina?" Lucy retorted while lifting her hand and twisting her writs back and fourth. Sabrina frowned and shrunk away from Lucy slightly, embarrassment creeping up her spine. Lucy's sea foam eyes went back to meet Chloe's icy ones and a lesser person might have cowered at the intensity but Chloe stood her ground.

"You should be more mindful of peoples secrets Chloe," Lucy warned. "One day, yours might be at risk for exposure and people will remember how you handled theirs."

"I don't have any secrets." Chloe countered confidently but Lucy knew better.

"Hm..." She hummed out, her small smile still visible on her lips. Chloe squinted at Lucy as she walked away without another word. Her eyes shifted and a smirked moved to her lips as she over heard Marinette talking to some of the other students about her ideas.

Alya gave Lucy a curious look as she walked back in her direction. "Where you just talking to Chloe?" She asked and Lucy gave a small nod.

"That I was."

"About what?" Alya asked with her arms crossed.

"Chloe seems to have a knack for getting her hands on things that do not belong to her." Lucy answered as she watched Chloe approach Marinette and lead her away from some of the students she was talking to.

"You are being very cryptic right now, you know that right?" A suspicious and mildly annoyed tone laced Alya's words.

"Chloe has Marinette's diary."

"What?! That little-" Alya's rant was interrupted by the sound of trumpets outside the building. The mayor, along with Lucy, Alya, Marinette, Rose and Kim peeked out the door to find an army of knights standing outside.

"O-ye, o-ye! Darkblade shalt speak now! Listen or be imprisoned!" One knight spoke as, who they could only assume was Darkblade, stepped forward.
"Henceforth, my flag shalt fly over thy kingdom! Bourgeois, pathetic knave, come hither and do battle!"

The mayor looked out uncertain. "What did he say?"

"Basically, he's gonna bust you up." Alya answered. The mayor quickly stuttered and told them to make an appointment with his secretary before slamming the doors shut.