Chapter 13 The Almost Kiss

Lucy sighed as Mylene screamed once again at the sight of Ivan with his monster mask on. The poor girl was so easily startled.

"Mylene! That's like the 10th take and it's only the first scene." Nino complained.

"14th actually, but who's counting?" Alix said in the background.

"You're playing a hero from the special forces. You're not supposed to get all freaked out!"

"I know, but..." Mylene stammered. "that monster mask he's wearing is so... realistic and scary!" It really wasn't.

"Just big ol' me, Mylene. Nothing to be scared of!" Ivan said, trying to comfort the girl. Behind him Chloe snickered.

"If you ask me, he doesn't even need the mask!" Sabrina laughed with her and Lucy rolled her eyes.

"What a snobby brat." Marinette spoke in distaste. Lucy snapped her fingers at Chloe.

"Zip it Skippy." Chloe made a face at her and crossed her arms.

Mylene tried to sing her happy song, a song Lucy had never heard of before, but as she did so she bumped into Adrien who was getting his makeup done by Julika.

"And the Oscar for best pathetic scaredy-cat afraid of its own shadow goes to... Mylene!" Chloe jeered and laughed.

"Seriously Chloe?" Adrien asked annoyed with Chloe's attitude. The blue eyed girl rolled her eyes.

"Yeah. So what?"

Clearly upset from Chloe's mean words, Mylene dashed out of the room. Marinette called after her to no prevail. Lucy couldn't help but make a face at her though when she asked if anyone was going to go after her. Ivan of course was quick to act and ran after the crying girl. Lucy walked over to Chloe with her hands on her hips.

"Why are you like this? Why?" She asked raising her hands in frustration. "Your such a bitch for no reason. I don't get it!"

Chloe crossed her arms and glared at Lucy. "How dare you!"

"No! You know what? Just sit down and shut up Chloe, I don't wanna hear you talk anymore!"

"You can't just-"

"Ah ah! Zip it. Not another word." Lucy cut her off, walking up to Chloe and grabbing her by the shoulders and making her sit down. "All you wanna do is run that little mouth, well I'm over it. Be quiet or I will make you quiet. Get it? Got it? Good."

Chloe huffed but didn't speak again. Nino gave out a frustrated sigh.

"Just great Chloe. How are we supposed to finish without our lead actress?!"

"Who needs her, she was lame anyway." Chloe remarked making Lucy glare at her.

"What did I just-"

"Your lame!" Ivan shouted. "Mylene is crying her eyes out in the bathroom because of you!"

"Me?! Lame?" Chloe repeated outraged.

" Hey, hey! Everyone chill out!" Marinette said walking over to Ivan. "You're right, Chloe is lame." She whispered. "But fighting isn't gonna bring Mylene back. I'm the producer, and I'm gonna do everything in my power to finish filming tonight!"

"The deadline for the Parisian Student Short Film Festival is tomorrow evening, precisely 26 hours, 15 minutes and 14, 13 seconds from now." Max said, trying to emphasize the time restraint they were on.

"Thank you max!" Marinette said, not wanting the reminder. " And we still have editing, post-sound, soundtrack..."

"And who's gonna play Mylene's part?" Adrien asked.