Chapter 56 Vilomah

Oh boy, the NY special! Whatever could happen here? This chapter took me a really long time to get to for a lot of reasons. Mainly because I came to realize after our little sky dance I was going to have to really wrap my brain around an idea for how to include Lucy without totally skipping over most of what happens. Also I've just been busy in life in general. It's the 15th of Feb now. I wrote the first half of this chapter back in the middle of January. My birthday is coming up this month and I was planning on making a Lucy birthday chapter just for fun after I was done with this one but now it's looking like that probably won't happen lol. Anyway, sorry for the delay.

Once again, I can't help but sigh. I know that the show focuses on this class specifically, and it's a kid's show so why explain it but why just this class? When I was in high school, I was in a french class, as well as a foreign language club run by the same teacher. We were offered a school trip to Paris for a week. Doing so of course required each student to come up with the very expensive funds to go, funds that unfortunately I could not acquire. However, I'm pretty sure it was the after-school club that was offered the trip, not the class because obviously, she had a hand full of other french classes. I don't know how many kids went on that trip but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a very large group. With that being said, Ms. Bustier obviously has other students than the main characters but only the main characters go. It's probably dumb of me to overthink these things, as I said it's a fucking kid's show, who cares, but I can't help but take note of these details!

This chapter took me waaaaaay longer than I planned to get around to.

Anyway! Onward!

OoOoOoOO

"And that's how the friendship between American George Washington and Frenchman Marquis de Lafayette was born, between two men who believe that freedom should have no boundaries."

The class watched as their sock puppet presentation played on the screen for Ms. Bustier and Mr. Damocles from the library floor. When it finished the two adults clapped their hands, pleased with the work done. "Congratulations! That truly was a sensational student film!" Ms. Bustier praised.

"And completed just in time for our departure to French American Friendship Week... in New York!" Mr. Damocles added with excitement. The majority of the class cheered with the exception of Adrien whose head hung low, knowing his father more than likely wouldn't allow him to come.

"Ah! Good thing my parents aren't letting me go with you! Not seeing you all for a week will feel like a vacation!" Chloe announced, only for the principal to correct her.

"But, Miss Bourgeois, your parents already gave the authorization. You are coming along with everyone!"

"WHAT?!" Chloe shouts, pulling out her phone. "You're gonna hear from Daddikins!"

"I, on the other hand, regret to inform you that I can't come with you after all." Ms. Bustier told the class who all moaned in disappointment. "I just have a few medical exams I couldn't postpone, because... I will soon be having a baby!" She explains, bringing her hands to her tummy.
All students cheer in excitement again, happy for their teacher. It didn't last long, however, as Mr. Damocles announced that Ms. Mendeleiev would be substituting for their regular teacher. The science teacher was a known rule stickler and if she was in charge the students knew they would end up having a very restricted trip.

"She's not cool!" Kim complained. "New York with her will be so lame!! She won't let us do anything!"

"Something wrong, buddy?" Nino asks, noticing Adrien's bummed expression.

"My father isn't going to let me go -- as usual."

"I'm stuck in Paris too!" Lila interjects from in front of Adrien, leaning back to speak to him. "I have obligations because of my charity work, but we could see each other if you'd like." Adrien had no desire to be around Lila really, but being some sort of friend to her had been the deal they made when she confessed to lying about Marinette punching her down the steps several weeks prior. So far, it hadn't been much of an issue, Lila was rarely at school as it was, and besides her usual stories, she had stopped with her lies about Marinette or anyone else.