Chapter 8 Derby Hats?

Ugh, this chapter was annoying because I got half a good 1/3 of the way through and went to go do something which made a majority of that 1/3 erase. How fucking lame. Enjoy the photos I made. As always they have were a pain in my butt. The fact I have to use a mouse instead of a digital pen makes my photos differ in quality and style all the time lol.

Adrien Agreste sat in the steps of his school early the next day waiting for a particular blonde girl. When he was Cat Noir, Adrien found it so easy to be close to Lucy. They had a connection that pulled at him but that connection had its limitations. To keep his identity hidden as Cat Noir, Adrien couldn't talk to Lucy about certain things. She didn't seem to mind. It was only on occasion that Lucy and he ended up talking to seriously. Most nights, the pair talked about nothing in particular, but it felt like they were talking about the most important things.

"Hey dude. What are you doing?" Nino asked walking up to his model friend.

Adrien smiled and looked at Nino, but made no move to get up from the steps.

"Hey Nino. I'm just waiting for Lucy to get here. I want to talk to her about something."

Nino raised an eyebrow and gave Adrien a smirk.

"Is that so?" He asked leaning toward the blonde boy. "Have eyes on ol'Lucy goosey huh?"

Adrien blushed as his friends suggestive tone and shook his head while grabbing the back of his neck.

"No no! Its not like that!" He said regaining her composure. Adrien gave Nino a look of sincerity. "I just want to make sure she is okay after being akumatized."

The smirk on Nino's face went away at Adrien's words. "Oh, right. That's rough." Adrien watched as Nino went into thought, probably thinking about his own time Akumatized. Like most, Nino didn't ask too many questions about his time as the Bubbler. That didn't mean he never heard about what he had done, nor did it mean he had let it go. Knowing you were a villain, even if while under control of someone else, didn't make the victims of an akuma any less guilty. Having someone manipulate your emotions that way can't be an easy pill to swallow. Adrien wondered if Nino had similar feelings about being akumatized as Lucy. If he felt The Bubbler was some dark part of him that would always be in the back of his mind. The sound of laughter caught Adrien's attention as he looked past Nino to see Alya, Marinette and Lucy approaching. Alya and Marinette laughed together as Lucy simply smiled at the two. Now or never.

"Hello girls." Adrien greeted with a smile.

"Oh! Uh-hey Adrien! Funny seeing you here!" Marinette said with an awkward laugh.

"At school?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

Marinette froze a moment before continuing to laugh. Alya sighed and placed her hand to her forehead while Lucy snorted.

"Mari, I can't with you sometimes." Adrien laughed a little too. Marinette could be strange sometimes.

"Aaaanyway," he went on, looking to Lucy. "Can I talk to you."

"Sure." Lucy said casually.

"Oh, um, privately." Adrien re-spoke, earning a frown from Lucy.

"Uh, no."

"No?" Adrien asked confused.

"Any time someone wants to talk in private its to give bad news, no thanks."

He shook his head at her. "It's not bad news."

"Oh!" She perked up. "Then its good news, in which I am sure can be shared with others!"