Chapter 5 Go Home Cat Noir

Cat Noir found himself forming a habit. Whether of not it was a good or bad habit, he wasn't sure yet. Since running into Lucy at the park, Cat began keeping tabs on the girl. Not at all times of day of course but more specifically at night. After patrolling, Cat Noir would make a pit stop by Lucy's apartment and check in on her. 

Lucy was not lying when she said she did not sleep much. In the time he spent looking through her window, Cat learned some things. Like that Lucy liked to paint watercolor art. She read a number of different style books but seemed to particularly like historical romance novels. She liked to watch anime, and comedies, and psychological thrillers. She had a number of scars. Mostly on her back. 

Some small, others larger, no pattern to them. Lucy's usual half-sleeve top kept them all well hidden, but the loose tank tops she wore to bed, left much of her skin exposed for him to look upon. He wondered how she got them. He wasn't sure why he felt so compelled to watch her. For the most part she seemed fine. Sleep deprived but fine none the less. It was not until a few days in that he stopped by to find her already asleep. 

The Hero was almost pleased with the discovery till he noticed Lucy begin to move abruptly. Her breathing picked up and her head tossed back and forth. Just as Cat convinced himself to step in she awoke. She sat up startled and took a shaky breath. Sitting crisscross on her bed, Lucy rested her elbows on top of her legs and placed her face in her hands, rubbing her face then running her hands through her hair. She looked angry with herself and before Cat Noir could do anything to avoid it, Lucy brought her eyes to the window and made contact with him. 

She got up from her bed and Cat's instinct was to run. Being frazzled and caught off guard seemed to make any reflexes he had diminish however as he stumbled face first against her window. Lucy gave a look of bewilderment as she opened the window, only to have the feline hero fall through as she did so. Cat rubbed his head as he landed with a thump.

"Are you spying on me?" Lucy asked accusingly, crossing her arms.

"What?! No! Uh- of course not." Cat answered, quickly getting up from the ground.

"Uh-huh. Then what would you call what you were doing?"

"Just checking up on ya..." Cat said with a nervous smile pushing his two pointer fingers together.

Lucy sighed and ran her fingers through her hair again. She was too tired for this.

"Well, I'm gonna need you to not do that anymore."

"What? Why not?" Noir asked confused. "Most people would be flattered to have a hero like myself checking up on them." He placed his hands on his hips and posed heroically. Lucy gave a small smile but shook her head.

"Your job is to protect Paris from Akumas, not check up on girls who make the mistake of telling you they don't sleep well."

"I'll have you know I am puuuuurfectly cable of deciding what my job description is, thank you meowy much."

"Oh. Okay. That's a thing you do huh? Puns?"

"I am famous for my hilarious cat puns, yes. They are probably what I am most well known for actually. Well that and my dashing good looks." The cat said with pride.

"I bet they are." Lucy retorted. "When people hear the name Cat Noir, they don't think 'hero of Paris.' Instead 'Oh yeah, the hot pun guy.'."

"So you think I'm hot?" Noir winked.

"You have very selective hearing, don't you?"

"It's been mentioned."

Lucy rolled her eyes and climbed back into her bed.