Chapter 11 It Hurts Me That it Hurts You

Lucy found herself sitting in Marinettes room on Thursday afternoon while Alya wrote her a script. The dark haired girl had the idea that maybe if she called Adrien over the phone, she would have better luck talking to him rather than in person. Talia, who had also come along with Lucy watched Marinette with an amused expression.

"I don't get it, if you like this guy so much, just go up to him and say hey, I like your face, we should do something some time." Talia said with a shrug causing Lucy to laugh.

"Marinette can't properly form sentences around the guy. She's too nervous." Alya explained while handing the script to Marinette. "Just stick to this and you will be fine, do not improvise!"

"But all the teaches say I don't sound natural when I read." Marinette said unsure.

"Then memorize it. Just remember no improvising."

Marinette held the phone and script in her hand and took a deep breath. "Alright I....uh who am I kidding! This is never gonna work!"

"To late." Alya said pressing the call button and running over to the other two girls who watched Marinette anxiously.

The call went to voice mail and Alya told her to just leave a message and once again to stick to the script. Of course that was not at all what Marinette did.

" Uhh, hello. Uh, Adrien's voicemail, uh, this is Marinette, who, uh, has a message for you, of course, cause it's, uh, your phone, so, umm...haha.. Callmeseeyoulater,bye!" She shouted throwing the phone at the three girls who gave her exasperated expressions.

"Wow, that was..."

"Painful? Yeah it always is." Lucy told Talia with a sigh.

Marinette rolled her eyes. "What? What did you expect me to say? 'Hey, hot stuff, this is Marinette, I'd ask you on a date to a movie, but I've got such a crazy crush on you that the only way I can talk to you without foaming out the mouth is over this stupid phone.' Pretty ridiculous, right?"

If you wish to hear your message again, press 1. If you wish to erase your message, press 2.

The four girls gasped as Alya quickly told Marinette to hit 2, however her finger must have missed because the phone then declared the message was saved. Talia looked from the phone to Marinette and Lucy was almost startled by her sudden evil witch heckling.

"It's not that bad." Alya tried to comfort as Marinette laid on her couch defeated.

"It recorded our whole conversation." She muttered from against the fabric.

"It's pretty bad." Lucy agreed looking at Alya.

"He had to find out one way or another." Talia said with a shrug. "You got the point across."

"I called him hot stuff. He cannot hear that message or I will die of shame."

"So what if you called him hot stuff? You know what the first conversation I had with my boyfriend was? He asked me if I liked food. Like, no, I survive on air, the fuck? Then he laughed and asked if I liked burgers, I said yeah I like burgers, put some bacon and avocado on that shit and mwha, delicious, why? You gonna hook me up? He said yeah I'm gonna hook you up, and you better believe he did. My point is, just because you said something that sound a little forward or even straight up stupid at first doesn't mean its game over. Maybe he likes a girl who can take charge. Damn? She thinks I'm hot? Okay mama I see you, lookin all cute with your pig tails and shit. Sup?" Talia explained. The other three girls stared at her before Lucy and Alya began to laugh. Marinette smiled but the concern on her face was still very evident.