Surprises!

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

This chapter is dedicated to each and every single one of you.

****

Anaya

"Mama's baby said his first word today, didn't he?" I was speaking softly to my son as I sat on my bed with my children. "Ma Sha Allah."

The door burst open, and Faiz walked in, looking absolutely furious. Farhaan and Aizah jumped at the loud noise and whined until they saw that it was just their Papa.

"Sorry, my loves." Faiz muttered, sitting down at the foot of the bed. Aizah immediately rolled over in an attempt to get to him. He lifted her up and sat her down onto his lap.

Meanwhile, Farhaan was curled up in a little ball in my lap.

"What happened?" I frowned worriedly at my husband.

"Shehbaz went to Pakistan to get married." He told me, his jaw clenched. "My sister is shedding tears for that...guy...and he's off getting married." He barely controlled the swear word that almost slipped out of his mouth, I could tell.

"Ya Allah!" I gasped.

"I don't even know how to face Sumi." He sighed, as Aizah climbed all over him like a little adorable monkey.

"What is she doing?" I giggled, as she attempted to climb over his face. "Baby, Papa hain, darakht nahin."

*"Baby, he's Papa, not a tree."

Faiz chuckled, his tension fading as he held his little girl up over his head, like she was a plane. She giggled uncontrollably, loving it.

"Sumi will get her happiness, In Sha Allah." I had full faith regarding that. "The amount of suffering that she's gone through, she will be rewarded."

"In Sha Allah." Faiz nodded.

I lay on the bed, putting Farhaan down beside me, and Faiz lay on the other side of the bed, with Aizah beside him. The babies happily lay between us, the way we had constantly imagined they would be, during my pregnancy. I looked at my husband over the babies' adorable faces. "We're truly living the dream life, aren't we?"

"Alhumdulillah." He stroked Aizah's head. Her hair was growing out, the exact same shade as Faiz's, whereas Farhaan's was a darker shade, like mine.

My eyes began to drift shut.

"Go to sleep. I'll watch over the Trouble Twins." He smiled.

"Wake me up in ten minutes." I muttered.

And then blissful sleep overwhelmed me, pulling me into its loving and tempting embrace.

****

I woke up at the sound of baby gibberish. Opening my eyes, I didn't know whether to smile or to be annoyed at Faiz. He had fallen asleep as well. Farhaan was also asleep, sucking his thumb, while Aizah sat between her father and brother, playing with Faiz's phone, which had somehow slipped out of his pocket and onto the bed.

She put it in her mouth, drool dribbling over the smartphone.

"Aizah!" I grabbed it from her immediately.

She pouted, tears began to form in her eyes. Any moment now, she would start wailing loudly, waking up the two main males in her life. I set my husband's phone aside, and pulled Aizah onto my lap, before reaching for wipes in the bedside table drawer to wipe the drool off the device. Aizah and Farhaan were close to teething, so their drooling had increased. And these days, their favourite hobby had become putting things in their mouth, which the paediatrician had told us was common as the teeth were starting to develop.