Shock

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

"Introductions are necessary, aren't they? Since Ibrahim will be a part of our family now." Neha said, casually.

Our family? Am I hearing this right? I sneaked a glance at Faiz, whose jaw was clenched and hands curled into fists. 

"I'm Dr Sadia, Ibrahim's mother." Dr Sadia introduced herself, politely. "And this is my elder son, Ismael." 

I could feel the tension brewing to an almost explosive point.

"Congratulations for fixing the marriage." Neha was faker than a conman's passport.

"Alhumdulillah." Mamma spoke up. "It's with Allah's blessing, how a couple is united in the most unexpected of ways."

Dr Sadia turned to looked at her. "I know your concerns, but don't worry. I have personally met your family and I can tell that Dania currently resides in a loving environment, and that she and her siblings have been raised very well by you, Gul Bhabi." 

"Firstly, she cannot be a 'Bhabi' if there's no 'Bhai' involved." Neha sneered. "And secondly, she could not have raised them alone without Jamshed's help."

Faiz began to step forward, but I held his arm. If he got involved, things would get massive. I didn't want Neha pointing fingers at Mamma's upbringing ever again.

"You're right." Dr Sadia nodded at Neha, before turning to face Mamma. "You're not Bhabi. We are basically the same age, I believe, so we don't need the formalities. You can call me Sadia, and I'll call you Gul. After all, we're going to be family soon, In Sha Allah." 

I tried not to smirk.

Dr Sadia turned back to Neha. "This isn't my business at all, but the loyalty of the children towards their mother is blatantly obvious. It speaks volumes, Mrs Jamshed." 

Neha looked stunned by Dr Sadia's replies.

"Allah Hafiz." Ibrahim's mother hugged Mamma, and nodded at the rest of us.

"Are you taking a cab?" Faiz asked as Ismael pulled out his phone.

"Yeah, we didn't bother renting a car this trip." Ismael replied. "I usually just use Phupho's car to drive, but she was unavailable today, so..."

"I'll drive you. Are you guys staying at Hania Bhabi's parents' house?" 

"We are, but Ammi's staying at a hotel." Ismael replied.

"I'll drop you off. Anaya, shall we?" Faiz looked at me.

I sat in the back seat with Dr Sadia, so that the guys could chat up front, even though Ismael had insisted that I sat beside Faiz. 

"Are you from Lahore?" Dr Sadia asked.

I nodded, and we began talking about Lahore, and I told her about where I used to live, and my life before marriage. She was a sweet, kind woman and it was easy to talk to her. I couldn't help wondering about her marital status to Dr Sheikh, but then I told myself off mentally as I was being too nosy.

We dropped her off first, and then drove over to Hania's parents house. Ismael and Faiz had been constantly talking and laughing, and it was clear that they got along very well. That was a good sign, the brothers of the bride and the groom getting along.

They lived in a beautiful home, Ma Sha Allah.

"Come on in." Ismael said. "Papa and Fawad Uncle are home, probably watching a cricket match together." He chuckled.