New Chapters

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Okay, first of all, a special thank you to each and every one of you for the reads, votes and comments. Silent readers, you're appreciated as much as the commenting readers, and commenting readers, your comments make me laugh out loud- literally. 

You guys are seriously the best, no doubt.

Secondly, after the little buttering up (makhan lagaana), for those of you who haven't checked out 'For Our Love', please do so. That's my original story, and something very close to my heart. 

But seriously, the votes, reads and comments are what inspire me to write every single day. This is exactly why I'm so quick with my updates.

****

ONE MONTH LATER

Anaya

A pink bud began to bloom, even amidst the frost-covered grass, indicating the first sign of spring. I watched at the awesome work of nature through the glass door of the conservatory, even as my breathing caused condensation on the glass. 

"Ammi looked weaker when I video called." I spoke to Hafsa Chachi on the phone.

"She has lost a significant amount of weight, Anaya." She replied, softly. "She follows the diet as per the doctor's advice, but she is still losing weight. Allah reham kare."

*"May Allah have mercy."

"I prayed hard for her when we went for Umrah." I said as tears blurred my vision. 

"She still believes that it's her makafaat-e-amal, for the way she treated you." 

*Makafaat-e-amal: what goes around comes around. Karma, basically.

"I have no resentment towards her in my heart, Chachi." I meant what I was saying. "I just wish that she gets better." 

"Anaya?" Mamma's voice made me turn around. She had rushed into the conservatory, wearing her brand new shalwar kameez suit. It was pretty cream coloured suit with colourful floral patterns rising up from the hem towards the middle of the kameez, as well as covering the arms. She had a plain lace dupatta along with it. "Oh! You're on the phone..."

"I'm speaking to Hafsa Chachi, Mamma." I told her. "Is there anything you need me to do?"

"Oh, Hafsa! Do you mind if I speak to her?" Mamma asked. "I've been meaning to call and check up on your mother, but in all this, I kept forgetting."

"Sure." I nodded, before speaking to my Chachi again. "Chachi, Mamma wants to speak to you. Allah Hafiz from me. I need to go and make sure that Faiz is dressed decently for today."

"Okay, meri jaan. Allah Hafiz." 

I handed the phone over to Mamma and headed out. Faiz is useless when it comes to selecting clothes for important occasions. And what is the important occasion, you ask? Dr Arhaan Sheikh and Ibrahim's mother will be visiting along with their whole family, to discuss Ibrahim and Dania's marriage. I still don't understand the status of their marriage, and I frankly didn't think it was our business.