Reality

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Sumaira

I blinked, staring at the furious face of Rauf. I am Sumaira Jamshed. I don't fear pr**ks.

"What did you do?" He hissed at me.

"You wanted a job, so why didn't you speak to the CEO himself?" I raised an eyebrow, challengingly. 

"Sumaira, you're seriously testing my patience." He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"And I've had my patience tested since the day we went to Bhabi's house to call off your engagement to her!" I snapped ""You know, I'm shocked that you had the guts to do that in front of me and my brother!" 

He glanced away, looking annoyed. "That shows that I was willing to be honest to you."

"WHAT?!" I scoffed. "You failed to mention your engagement before we got married, and suddenly you wanted to be honest?!" I shook my head. "I regret the day I married you. I think you just used me for your money."

"I was a banker then! Why would I be greedy about money?!" 

"I don't know, okay?" I shrugged. "I don't know why you did what you did, but Rauf, I don't think you ever really cared about me." 

"Because I expected my wife to come through for me and help me, you are doubting my reasons for marrying you?" He practically shouted at me.

"Lower your voice when you talk to me." I warned him. "I will not be yelled at, especially when you're wrong."

"Is this the way to talk to your husband?" Afshan Aunty had come out hearing all the racket.

I blinked at her in surprise. "And what about his behaviour? He wanted to beg my father for a loan or a job, and what's worse, he didn't even have the courage to do it directly. He did it through me, like the true coward that he is." 

Rauf wrapped a hand around my throat. He didn't squeeze it or even put pressure, but the action itself was chilling enough. "I'll show you what will happen if you disrespect me ever again."

I glared at him, unfazed. I was not going to let him scare or intimidate me. "I dare you. Remember, my parents and my brothers know what you want. If there's as much as a scratch on me, you'll face my family's wrath." 

"Rauf, she's right. Leave her." Aunty waved her hand dismissively. "It's not worth the police drama." 

"You need to start respecting me." He glared down at me.

"Earn it, and I will." I shot back. "I'm not going to be a victim of any form of abuse, Mr Rauf Mehmood." I looked at Aunty. "You must be really proud of your upbringing, right?" I turned to head to my room.

There was a loud banging on the front gate.

"Rauf! Open up!" Dad's voice came from the other side.

"Dad!" Eyes wide, I rushed to the gate. When I opened it, I saw him standing there, fuming, with Neha Aunty behind him.

"You okay, meri jaan?" Dad put a hand over my head, and walked past me without waiting for an answer.

Neha Aunty stepped forward and gently grabbed my arm. "Are you okay, Sumaira?" 

Dad stared at Rauf thoughtfully. "You want a job? Fine, you'll get it."

"Dad!" I gasped, as Rauf and his mother looked satisfied.